Seeds?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul2641

Reaction score
What seeds are safe to feed your rabbits? I already give each and every bun some sunflower seeds daily, But I want to know what other seeds that will keep the rabbit in good health and they would like?

So my question is, What seeds should or can I feed my buns?

P.S. My buns love sunflower seeds.

I would prefur them on aseed based diet because seeds can be bought in big bulk for cheap prices. But I Would always give hay and pellets aswell.

Sorry, rabbits can not have a "seed based diet." They evolved (or were designed, whatever) to eat large amounts of low-energy vegetable matter in a dry grassland area. That means leaves of various sorts including lots of grass. Seeds would be few and far between (and birds get most of them), as are fruit.

It's ok to use sunflower seeds as a treat or minor nutritional supplement as long as they are given in small amounts. You can do the same with flax seeds and rolled oats. I give a mix of these to one of my rabbits who can't eat much pellets and she generally gets a measured1/4 teaspoon daily.

I just feed a few sunflower seeds to my babies everyday, I sprinkle it over their food, it's supposed to give them nice coats and eyes.

All of my buns get a sprinkle of black oil sunflower seeds with their supper.
It helps keep their coats shiny, and helps them keep warm during the chilly nights.

I also give a sprinkle of rolled oats (old fashioned oatmeal - uncooked)with breakfast.

Some of the heavier sheders get a bit of dried papaya....as well as one bun that benefit from the vitamin C for GI issues.

Other than that, it hay and pellets.

Latest posts

Back