Secret Santa??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petkeeper

Reaction score
I see a lot of forums do secret santa gifts, does this forum and I missed it some where? Or even just a christmas card exchange?

Thanks

Shannon

Hi! On my rat forum, there is are several secret pal gift exchanges each year and a card exchange at Christmas. I'm participating in both this season. They are so much fun! I was thinking how neat it would be to do a card exchange here on Rabbits Online. I already bought some really cute bunny Christmas cards. Considering how late in the season it is and how international the people on this forum are, it might be easier to just do a card exchange this year.

I believe card exchanges are pretty straight forward. I don't think we want to post our addresses online because of weirdos (I don't mean forum members, though we ARE a bit odd :biggrin2:). Heck, I'd be willing to organize it if we do one! Everyone who wants to participate would e-mail me their address, then I would list all the addresses in an e-mail and send it out to everyone who wants to participate. Then people would just need to get or make cards for everyone and send them out in time for them to arrive for the holidays (let's say by December 5th). What do you guys think, would you be interested in doing a card exchange if I organized it? It would be so much fun, I love card exchanges!

We've talked about this last year and this year as well. We didnt go ahead with it this year mostly because no one had the time to organize it (and its been a crazy few months with the forum move and everything).

Id be in for a card exchange- we'd probably want one of the mods to collect addresses. But then you run into the problem with addresses- Id be afraid of sending them to someone we dont "know" well...

I think that was the main reason we nixed it this year- we were worried about privacy of addresses.

Thoughts?

Haley,
Maybe if we made it so that participants have to have a minimum number of posts? Nothing outrageous, maybe just like 20 posts. I don't think that someone who wanted to get all our addresses to send us junk mail or whatever would bother joining and sticking around to post 20 times in order to get ahold of our address list. It would just be to deter people with bad intentions.

hmmm...we could have a main address to send all the cards too and then have one person who sends out all the cards to the right address, but that sounds like too much work to me :p

Why not do an online email card exchange?

Most people could even scan their real christmas cards and send them out to everyone ......

That's just a thought

To be honest, an email card exchange this year sounds better :). It takes a while to organize and get cards bought, ect. Next year we could do an Easter Bunny one, or something!

On the other forum, Shiloh....it is a Holiday Card Exchage, but anyone that participates gets 10 cards to send out to their list, which makes more sense then sending cards out to EVERYONE that wants to participate.

If 50 of us wanted to participate on this forum this year, then we would have to buy or make 50 cards to send out, plus buy stamps. It can get pricey and very time consuming. I think it would have to be organized similar to goosemoose's card exchange. Like, if you sign up, then you must send cards...no excuses. It's easy to make or buy 10 cards and get them out, compaired to everyone who signs up.

Get what I mean :p?

Hey, the e-mail card exchange sounds like a good idea! Good thinking! I had a card exchange on my cockatiel board a few years ago and a LOT of people participated, probably about 40 and it was really fun to get all those cards. I can totally see why 10 like on Goosemoose would be more manageable. That other time, I made all the cards and had a lot of fun, but yeah, not everyone would have time for it. This year I just bought some and am going to sign them is all. Easier and probably cheaper considering I had to buy stickers, paper, etc the time before. So, I wouldn't have a problem with sending out 40 cards, but I understand how that would be too much for some. I also like the Easter card idea, though it would be harder to find pre-made Easter cards to send out.

I am in on an email card exchange...I had actually thought of suggesting that too!! So all we need is a mod we can PM our e-mail address is and once they have a list organized they can PM us all the email addresses. One year with a christmas card exchange I did we had to write out a favorite holiday recipe in the card...I would be willing to type out a recipe if you guys are it might be interesting to see what kinds of treats or meals everyone likes!!

I'll participate on the email card exchange!

I don't think I'd be able to on the real address exchange though.

Random sorta off topic:

It'd be cool to have members send in christmas photos and like...5 or so of the best ones get made into christmas cards for the forum to print sell and all the profits go to the featured rescue or something.

Let me check with other mods to be sure the email card exchange is alright. If so, Id be happy to organize it. Anyone who wants to participate can send me their preferred email and I'll send out a master list to everyone involved.

Email cards would be great for me. Have never been able to join when sending smail cards due to lack of funds to send that many cards. But with Email cards could really get creative.

XxMontanaxX wrote:
Random sorta off topic:

It'd be cool to have members send in christmas photos and like...5 or so of the best ones get made into christmas cards for the forum to print sell and all the profits go to the featured rescue or something.
I LOVE that idea Montana!

NZmini...it cost you money to even do ecards? That would suck! I am currently having problems with my internet...hopefully I will stay connected long enough to write this. They are supposed to come and fix the problem this week...but my phone company doesn't seem to know it a**hole from a hole in the ground! So hopefully I will be up and running well by Tuesday!

Latest posts

Back