Sebastian is home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
Well, it seemseverything went fine with the neutering. He was in at 10:00and picked back up by 7:00. He was soooo happy to seeus! He crawled right up my chest, covered me with kisses andthen burrowed under my chin and didn't move. I had himsheared while he was under and he looks absolutelyridiculous. I don't think I will be posting any photos fora while.....although my son says that's not fair.He says I must post the "after" shots too. If you've neverseen a sheared rabbit before, you have no clue. They didn'ttouch his head and the rest of him is down to skin. He looksabsurd!

He's eating a little, poo'd a few, pee'd once....I guess we're good to go.

yay! i would love to see a poodle cut on sebastian. however, your probably right, because ive never seen a sheared rabbit.

so glad things went well :)

Aww! What a sweetie. Mostdon't want to be near anybody. Take a week or two for everything to getback to normal, several weeks for hormones to diminish.

So glad everything went well!

Buck

Well, you know, weweren't really seeing any signs of bad hormones yet. That'swhy I had it done now! I was reading everyones posts abouthow they get all grumpy and start acting different, so I decided tohave him done before that happened. I had two boys go throughthe teen age years. Didn't want to do it with my bun! :)

He's sitting here looking at me through his cage wanting me to come pick him up....he sure looks silly....

Oh, my sweet Sebastian!:shock: I didn't know that it was time for him to go underthe knife! I was just thinking about him today.

So glad to read that everything went well. Doesn't matterabout the haircut. Please still continue to postpictures. We still will love him just the same.

We love you,Sebastian! Give him a treat and a hug from his "AuntieBun".:)

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
He was soooo happy to seeus! He crawled right up my chest, covered me with kisses andthen burrowed under my chin and didn't move.

What a little babe! Give him kisses, hugs, and a treat from me.

-Carolyn

Okay, listen youguys because I don't think you understand....There is nothing cuteabout this!!!! Do you remember those ewoks on StarWars? Try to imagine one of those with his big, furry headand then put a naked mole rat body on it......I will go try and take apicture but I must not let him know what I'm up to, for if he knows hisdignity is at stake here, things may never be the same in ourhome....

WARNING! Take adeep breath before you look! It's a wee bitshocking! I can already hear the giggles.....He looksembarrassed, don't you think?

1dqah

Elf Mommy, you areso funny! I'll tell him you are worried about him!It was 101 here yesterday and supposed to be that or moretoday. He's just been so hot and I can't keep up with hiscoat with a pair of scissors. I figured his surgery would bestressful enough and I wanted him to be comfy. I will saythough, he IS NOT laying on the A/C vent like usual!!!!:D

*falls off chair* That is the funniest thing I've ever seen!

Ohhhhhh, look at my sweet little pumpkinpie! :) My parents had their cat sheared like thatevery now and then so that she could cool down as the weather wasgetting warmer and as she was getting older because she couldn't groomherself as well, so I'm used to the look.

I still think that he looks as cute as a button. Sebastian ismy fluffy wuffy apple dumpling and nothing will ever changethat!!!

Oh my, I didn't know rabbits are that small. These little ones reallyknow how to look bigger. :)

And just look how huge hiseyes are relative to his body! Adorable.

Back