Seasonal decorative corn = snacks?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tigs

Reaction score
Sometimes I'll get some dried corn on the cob for my buns and give them a couple kernels now and then for a treat which they adore. Around this time of year there is the decorative, untreated, Indian corn (the large kind) that is super cheep. Is this corn okay for buns to nom on?

i read an article that you should NEVER feed corn. i find it weird tho i see plenty of rabbit treats with corn in them. i avoid it tho !

butsy wrote:
i read an article that you should NEVER feed corn. i find it weird tho i see plenty of rabbit treats with corn in them. i avoid it tho !
That has to do with the general ignorance/greed of the pet food industry. I find it very disheartening that the majority of food/treats at the pet stores are so very bad for our bunnies.

I get regular corn on the cob. We eat the corn. Give the cobs to the horses and cattle. then I separate the husks and the stringy stuff and give the husks to the rabbits they adore it and the bottoms are good to help keep their teeth maintiained. but make sure you separate the husks from the stringy stuff if you do this as the stringy stuff can get stuck and compact causing problems.

Crystal

Latest posts

Back