Searching for for a product!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debacus

Reaction score
Hi!
Some time ago I was reading about a product meant for horses (I think)
It was a paste that could be used on rabbits that absorbed toxins in their gut etc. Does anyone know what I'm talking about please?
Cheers
Debs x

Are you talking about a probiotic, a diet supplement to aid in stabilizing the good bacteria in the digestive system? If so, I use Pro Bios for equines in the gel formula. It's sold here in feed stores (stores that cater to farmers and ranchers) and it can be ordered off the internet. It looks like this:

http://pscpets.probioticsmart.com/equine-one-oral-gel.html

Bene Bac is another probiotic that is sold in pet stores.

I think what you are refering to is Bio-Sponge if I am right?

Danielle:)

[suB][suP]Yep Bio Sponge, well done, that's the stuff. I remember trying to find it in the UK to no avail. I'll try another search on an international scale now! But I will also look at the probiotics.[/suP][/suB]

[suB][suP]Thanks very much.[/suP][/suB]

If I find that I have no joy getting it shipped to the UK, is there anyone on here who would be prepared to purchase some for me and ship? I can pay via paypal (thinking that is the easiset option)
Currently I am awaiting replies from emails I sent not too long ago.
Debs

Are there any vets in your area that use something similar? It might not be the exact same product, but could still work. An equine vet would be a good place to start. The dose for a rabbit would be much less than a horse, so a vet might be willing to sell you a small amount.

As far as I am aware there is nothing similar, but I'll do some research. My local vets are reluctant to give out anything that has not been approved for use in the particular species.

Latest posts

Back