Screaming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanTheDutch

Reaction score
Ok I was just browsing around in the forum and I was reading on screaming.

So my question is if I ever hear my bun scream what should I do? ShouldI try to comfort it or should I just leave it alone and letitcalm down first.

I just was aking for future refrence, Ive never heard it before, just want to know just in case, you know?

Sara and Duncan

When you hear hear your bun scream, it is very important that you get you bun to the vets immediately.

http://www.rabbit.org/behavior/body-language.html - good rescourse site

http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk_bibliography.html - this sitecontains all the information that you could ever need with regards torabbits.

I will also be uploading a rabbit links page to my websitehttp://clix.to/bunnies and from there, you will be able to find loadsof links all dedicated to rabbits. NOW UPLOADED

Hope the information I have put here is enough for you.

I sincerely hope that you never hear you bun scream, take it from me, it is the worse noise you could ever hear from a rabbit.

Zara

Rabbits may also scream when afraid. Wehad Himalayans that were set off by certain noises, and they would sitthere appearing calm -- but would scream loudly :?

Dwarf Hotot babiesare often "screamers" -- you pick them upand they simply let loose non-stop with their little screams in hopesthat they will frighten the "predator" (you) into dropping them so theycan escape.

So, screaming isn't always cause to rush to the vet. You needto comfort the animal and assess the situation. Its notunusual for an extremely frightened rabbit to go into shock, so keepingthe rabbit warm and calm is important.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Rabbits may also scream when afraid. We had Himalayans that wereset off by certain noises, and they would sit there appearing calm --but would scream loudly :?

Dwarf Hotot babies are often "screamers" -- you pick them up and theysimply let loose non-stop with their little screams in hopes that theywill frighten the "predator" (you) into dropping them so they canescape.

So, screaming isn't always cause to rush to the vet. You need tocomfort the animal and assess the situation. Its not unusual for anextremely frightened rabbit to go into shock, so keeping the rabbitwarm and calm is important.

Pam

I have just learnt something new.

Thanks Pam :)

rabbits may also scream when tattooed with aclamp, or a buck may scream after breeding. it is SOOOhigh-pitched and loud, i think its going to break my ear drums one day!

Thanks. I just wanted to know for future refrence. I hope I never hear my little Duncan scream but I want to know just in case.

Zee-Thoes websites were helpful. Thanks Ill be sure to bookmark them.:)

Sara and Duncan

erin wrote:
I wonder what it sounds like?
:?
I don't think you really want to know what it sounds like..But when youhear it you won't miss it. Pretty loud lol...Depending on thecircumstances as to why it happened it can be kind of scary...But trustme, when you hear it and hopefully you won't have to, you'll def.know!:)

i've heard rabbits scream before but not minethank god.. the screams are so upsetting to hear, it's a distinctshrilling sound :\

sometimes they might shrill just because their sad. let them run arounda lot out of their cages. I always leave mine out of their cage unlessi'm cleaning up or having guests over. The only sad part is sometimesthey cry because they want to be out playing so I might just let themlose in a specific area like one of the bathrooms so they can play witheach other.

Duncan is always running around in my room unlessim not home which im home mostly all the time so its ok. He likes beingin his cage though:?hes weird. But other than menotbeing home (I have three cats, who havent gotten used to him yet) he isfree to run around my room and occaionlly the whole appt.

Sara and Duncan

i would try to get the cats to play with duncanwith your supervision but one at a time. Let them all get used to himpersonally so that they can each be comfortable with him first.

Thats what me and my mom have been doing. Iveonly had him a week and 3 days so we all are still getting used to eachother. But 2 of my cats are ok with him but my youngest cat(who isusually the baby) isnt very happy. But we are trying to get him used toDuncan, I know soon he will then Duncan can roam the whole appt.

Sara and Duncan

Back