Scratching Question.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most bunnies like to be petted on the top of the head. You pet from between the eyes back toward the ears. It's how bunnies groom each other, and they really like it.

Cheeks! =P

I find that nobunny of mine is happier than when I cover their whole head with my hand and rub thier cheeks with my finger/thumb. That way they get a whole head massage, and I get loads and loads of tooth-purrs. ;)

Oh dear. Becca, I just tried that with my bun.. major panic for him!! lol, I think it freaked him out a bit lol. Mine I think he likes being patted on the head.. he doesn't seem to be too fussed either way lol Daphne will run if I try and pat her on the back, I think she's still afraid of me! :(

My buns love their head scratched and that special spot just at the back of their headand their ears...Sunshine even loves her feet scratched...when i do it she will stretch her foot right out,it's funny when she does it actually...

Haha, yeah I should mention that you need to work up to the whole hand gradually - rubbing cheeks with the back of fingers to start with works, then both cheeks at the same time, then whole head. ;)

Yep, petting their head, rubbing their cheeks, the base of their ears, theirneck and shoulders,etc. are sure to elicit major tooth-purrs of pleasure. ;)

Gus goes crazy for ear rubs. He starts tooth-purring, he leans into your hand and then he starts licking himself.He seems to be in sheer ecstasy! :D

Rue

Awww Rue, your Gus seems like he has so much personality! I would love to see Willoughby or Daphne doing that! Willoughby actually sat still for almost an hour last night, just calmed wandering around where I was lying and let me pat him on and off for an hour (including the whole head rub!). I was so happy I could cry! (Willoughby is like an ADD bunny and its hard to rub him for very long at all so this is like a miracle!).
And even Daphne has started to grace me with a pat here and there! I Love bunnies so much!!

Latest posts

Back