Scratched eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiron

Reaction score
Well the buns are all caged separately and get taken out one at a time for roaming the room. It was Princess's turn and somehow I didn't click the NIC connectors together enough and Mr. Cuddles got out. There was an altercation and Mr. Cuddles got left with a scratched eye. It looks like an air bubble in the iris. Tomorrow is my day off and happens to also be the day the bun vet will be at the hospital so I'm taking him in. Would it heal like any other wound or is he going to be partially blind where the scratch is? Sorry but I'm freaking out right now and guilty for letting him escape.

Lots of links and stories from other members in the Library, here:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=14567&forum_id=10

And don't beat yourself up about the altercation, they're almost impossible to prevent. Bunnies can be very determined!

Sherry jumped a pretty tall barricade last night and had it out with the foster bunnies -- who also fought with each other in that weird, misplaced aggression thing that bunnies do.

Just check everybunny out very carefully so there's no hidden bite that may end up infected. That's the biggest concern.

Good luck at the vet's!

sas :clover:

Thank you Pipp. Wow was creepy because one of the threads linked is also a male dwarf hotot lol.

Hi,

Those things happen. Sounds like maybe the abrasion is turning into an ulcer. That is painful and should be aggressively treated. Expect the doctor to "stain" the eye to get a better look and see if the cornea has ulcerated. If so, expect some type of med to go directly into the eye, hopefully an oral/injectable antibiotic and pain med. If the damage from the ulcer is bad, it can leave a nasty scar on the cornea. I have had excellent success in treating that with a human drug not usually used in the eye. Hope it's nothing serious for Mr. Cuddles.

Randy

Latest posts

Back