Schedule for National Convention

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunniekrissy

Reaction score
I'm planning on going to the National Convention in San Diego to look at all the rabbits, and possibly buy one. The only weekend day of the show is Sunday, the first day. I have found no schedule info on the website for the show. Does anyone know if Sunday will be a good day to look, or if nothing much will be going on until the next days? Thanks.

Krista

Sunday is fine for you to go look....just be aware that everyone will still be coming in that day. The rabbits have to be in place by that night.

Nothing else really goes on except meetings and such...the judging starts Monday.

Sharon

And be forwarned... prices are usually much higher at Convention... especially the first day or two.
You can usually get a break on the last day... so they don't have to pay to bring them home.

I remember prices as much as $400 for Mini Rex at the Mini Rex convention in 2007. I payed $40 for a mini rex of much better quality than the ones pirced so high, seems like pedigree matters more than type at such shows.

If I was you I would find breeders going to the convention and reserve a rabbit beforehand if you already know what you want. Like if you want a pet rabbit but from good lines, purebred and of a cute/rare color you could probably get them cheaper off their site. I know a breeder that sells rabbits from their home for $25 but when they go to shows they ask double to triple that - for rabbits of the same quality. They say they can get more from shows so they ask more.

Just something to think about :)

LOL you are totally right. More often than not you're paying based on the name on the pedigree rather than for the rabbit itself. Thing is, these rabbits that are 'brand name' tend to be more consistent in the quality they produce. However, if you are just looking for a pet, you won't need a THF/Saynora Holland lop. :p

Psst... I will have a mini lop for sale, G.C. and cheap for his quality and awesome personality. ;)/shameless advertising.

I have saw rabbits THF has sold, the breeder Keebler came from has some. I have rabbits from THF line. To be honest I am not impressed with the rabbits I have saw. If that is the quality they sell I would perfer to pay $10 for a holland of better type and no pedigree than $200 for one of suckier type and pedigree from them. Maybe the breeder that got from them just got the short end of the stick with type, but personality I would not pay $200 for a buck with a pointy nose, thin bone and body way to small for it's ugly head. I suppose I am one of the few that could not give a crap about a piece of paper.

I have located at least one breeder near me who has French and English Lops, so I may be just going directly to her based on timing issues and such. I just might happen to find one at the show that I can't walk away from... it's always a possibility.

Erin, I love mini lops but I have had several already in the past and looking to try some new breeds :) And yes, I'm just looking for a pet.

Latest posts

Back