scared bunnies(very scared)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan

Reaction score
Any ideas for this? Furby and Ellie are scared of EVERYTHING!!!

They are playing nicely outside and a bird chirps. They run back to thehutch. Playing outside and the wind blows, same thing etc.

They have been outside for almost a year now, are never badly handled or treated, like to play outside everyday.

Any ideas?

Hmm.. is it a big space they are in for freerun? Do they have other places to hide out in the larger areaoutside the hutch? Maybe they are nervous when they are toofar from the hutch and everything is scaring them - try putting acouple more hidey places for them and see if that helps?

They have a few hidey spaces that they lovegoing to and even going to sleep. They tend to get scared even in theyare in their hutch!! It is really really wierd. If I call trhem theycome running and just love binkying in the open space, but theslightest noise and they get scared!!

When they run back how long do they stay? Do they stay in for good?

I think some buns are more skittish than others. My lasthousebun, Willow would flop on the floor and nothing would botherher. My new guy, Smokey is much different. He isstartled by the newspaper delivery, the mailman, sometimes the trainsin the railyard 1/4 mile away. Thus is all in the house hehas lived in for 8 months. At night I give him a radio on the"all mellow all the time" station just so he won't freak at the normalnoises of the house. Now that the windows are being openedit's trucks, motorcycles and thumpy little import cars in the distancethat make him thump, run or hide.

I agree with Nadia, perhaps a couple of hidey places couldhelp. Or at least give them a place away from the hutch tolay low for a bit.

They have a few nice places that they like to goto and even go to sleep in. They run in and if they feel like playingthey come out after about 30secs but otherwise they just flop in thehutch and go to sleep!

Back