Scabs on under side of neck

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minirexmolly

Reaction score
The new owners of two of my old rabbits contacted me to ask about one of the rabbit having scabs around the under side of his neck. He's a mini Rex and the scabs are small and black and they can be easily picked off with tufts of hair attached. After they are picked off there is sometimes a very small dark dot, but not always. There is no obvious dandruff. The current owners claim he has had these scabs for months, and they have never spread to any other areas or to their other rabbit. Can someone help figure out what these scabs are? I initially thought mites but there is no dander and they've never spread....

Nope, not neutered. That was one of my thoughts too. Either itching himself or rubbing on things to leave his scent.

Could it be that the other rabbit is biting him there and leaving a mark?

Is it possible that he has long nails and is accidentally scratching himself when he itches? That's all I could think of that hasn't already been mentioned :( Hope all goes well.

My friends rabbit had fleas and mites when she first got him and he kept bitting them so he bit himself so it might be that as well

Latest posts

Back