scabby nose.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddrahan

Reaction score
Hi!! I have an all black netherland dwarf.Forthe last couple of weeks i noticed his nose has a white crusty scab onit, there is no hair there either. he dosent seem to be bothered by it,but he dosent like me holding him so i cant get a good look at it. Itson the top of his nose. Has anbody seen this before, if so, what can ido for it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!! Darlene

Is it small, almost the size of apinhead? If so, it is probably just a wart. If itisn't bothering him and isn't changing in size or color, I wouldn't beworried. I have a jersey wooly that has one on the end of hisnose!

Sharon

Actually it almost covers the entire tip of hisnose.There is no hair there. Could it be because he drinks out of awater bowel? Thanks Starlight Rabbitry for responding.

well im not sure what it could be,but i dontthink its because they drink from a water bowel,mine all drink from abowl and they are all fine.

if it is possible could you take a picture so we can see?,maybe then someone here may have a better indication what it could be

cheryl

I am not really sure how to put pics on here, iwill have to wait until tommarow when my fiance can show me how to doit. I got a good look at it a miniute ago and it looks like it is (i amnot sure how to explain this) grew out not flat against his nose. I amgoing to call the vet tommarow and try and make an appointment. Its notgetting bigger i have just never seen it before. Thank you chery foryour responce.

ddrahan,if you look in the foruminformation,there is a thread on how to post photos and avatars,itexplains everything on how to post pictures,i hope this will help you :)

cheryl

Latest posts

Back