Scab.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
Yesterday, Will and I let the buns out of their pen for the first time in awhile. They were skipping and hopping and having a blast! Then, I shook the craisin bag and all Hell broke loose. They both ran under the bed, and it sounded like they had a scuffle under there.

Once they came back out, within five seconds or so, Toby had a big area of fur loose. I scooped him up and checked it out, but no cuts or blood anywhere. He just had a lot of loose fur! I plucked it off and on the end of one patch of fur there was a scab. It wasn't a bloody/dark scab or anything, just a white, flaky one. It was about the same as when a person gets a scratch and lets it heal (without itching the scab off). It was just white and crusty/flaky. There was no raw area where it came from. It was just a little scab.

Would that be an indicator that they have been fighting? Whenever I see them, they are cuddled up next to each other or laying near each other. Right now, they have free-reign, and Toby is sitting near the opening of the cage, and Emma is under the bed.

I don't think they are fighting... But what else could that white flaky thing have been?

Thanks in advance!

They probably had a scuffle but not necessarily a drop down drag out fight. oten times if a rabbit get scratched or bitten by another rabbit it is difficult to tell until the scab forms.

if the area is completely dry and totally closed without any redness you can leave it alone otherwise you could take a cottonball with a little diluted betadine on it and clean the area.

The scab sounds dried out so most likely it is fine but oftentimes abscesses form from bacteriainbite wounds that go undetected.

There was no mark where the scab/hair chunk came from. It just looked like perfect, white bunny skin. He has better skin than me. :(

:yeahthat:
But keep an eye on it to make sure it heals up fine. He could have gotten scratched on something too.

But there's no cut? That's what I don't get. I think it was an old one and healed before I found it. I checked his fur pretty well, but who knows. I missed the last scratch! I haven't seen them have a scrap since then!

Back