Saying good bye to Luna and hello to knit.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idreaminglasscolor

Reaction score
So on Wednesday at work i got a phone call from my boyfriend really upset and sorry to tell me one of our rabbits, Luna, had passed away. It was really unexpected, she had been spayed about a month ago and so i cried like a baby. :c

We called the vet and they wouldn't even see Goliath and they were very unhelpful which only made me soooo angry! So we called another close by vet because it was the family consensus Goliath needed to be seen in case it was something contagious. But alas, he is fine. 6 lbs and 12 ounces. And perfectly healthy. However he was so sad and mourning, he just kept nudging her trying to wake her up. So we decided it was best for Goliath and our families healing to go look at other bunnies so we cleaned out the cage really well and we picked up Knit, a holland lop and dear god she's such a baby. She fits through my NIC cubes so we had to figure out some temporary living arrangements >.< she fits in my hand. Any tips for my bunnies? We're burying luna tomorrow and Goliath accepted Knit the second he saw her and hasn't stopped grooming and loving on her since.

I just had to rant, if anyone has any tips for dealing with a baby, that'd be great, or helping Goliath feel better.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is heart breaking to see a rabbit trying to wake their bond mate. I think you did the right thing by letting Goliath see the body so he doesn't wait for her. Now I would just give him lots of love. If he is neutered I would let the two stay together since he already accepted Knit. I think having a new partner to love on really helps them heal.

He is neutered, they are allowed to play together during the day supervised, but since she's so small and can fit through the cage, we are waiting till she's a little bit bigger for them to live together. He's a monster compared to her.

Hi Brianna, sorry for your loss of Luna:bunnyangel2:.

Congratulations on the new bunny.

We need PICTURES please.:biggrin:

Susan:weee:

Oh my goodness, watching Goliath like that would have just torn my heart out! that is so sad. I'm sorry about your loss, it's never easy especially when it was unexpected.

So sory for your loss. I agree that getting another rabbit was a good decision. How sad for Goliath. The heart of both bunny slave and bunny heals faster if there is another to love and spend attention on. We never forget the ones that we loss, but somehow life has to go on.

Hi Brianna. I am so sorry for your loss of Luna. Golliath will be okay since he got to see the body of Luna. I lost Prince, my male netherland dwarf, on August 31, 2011. Sweetie didn't get to see his body, but she has done amazingly with the grieving process of losing Prince.

Since August 31, 2011, I have been spending time with Sweetie every night. I always make sure that she is okay and I show her the box that has Prince's ashes in it. Hopefully she isn't waiting for him. I think that she knows that he is gone because I even cried because I miss him, holding her for comfort.

So comfort Goliath every chance you get. Be there for him when he needs you.

Glad that he accepted Knit. I am trying to get Sweetie to accept Pudden, not sure if she ever will, but I have to try.

Congrats on the new addition. Hope things continue to go well with your rabbits.

Thank you all for your support. We have been spoiling Goliath rotten. Here is Knit against Goliath the monster. She's pretty cute... but my boyfriend won't let me put a ribbon or a bow on her. :c
15195_091930_100000000.png

Latest posts

Back