say bye bye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbosmommy

Reaction score
i live in elizabeth NJ and i am looking for some places to neuter turbo. im gonna try callin a couple rabbit savvy vets on tuesday to get prices on it, but i was wondering how much did you guys spend????

if any one is from around my area let me know what vet you trusted with your baby and around how much you spent for a neuter.

thank you.

Jenny&Turbo:bunnydance:

Hi Jenny,

I've used 2 places....neither one was very cheap.

Our regular vet is at the Banfield Vets in the Paramus Pet Smart.
It was around $200 for a spay. Neuters are less, but I don't know how much.
Banfield is a bit expensive, but we love our vet to pieces.

There's also a place in Saddle Brook that we used for the first 2 rabbits we got.
It was around $90 for neutering, but I really didn't care for the vet or staff.
We haven't used them since.

~Jim

MyBoyHarper wrote:
Snuffles wrote:
Don't meanto hijack, but why is this thread called "say bye bye"? Kindascary.
:yeahthat

Say bye bye to his boy bits?

Keep us updated! :)

cheryl

Snuffles wrote:
Don't mean to hijack, but why is this thread called "say bye bye"? Kinda scary.
It scared me too at first! I thought some bunny had died or something. Thank goodness that's not the case. :)

hey guys!!! so yesterday i had called a bunch of places to find out how much it would be to have my babys boy bits takin away now the raritan savvy vet charges $230 including an over night stay. i believe that me and hubby are gonna go half becauseto be honest $230 is a lot of money. im just iffy about having my baby ina strange place over night... i am soooooo nervous we are gonna come up wit the money first and then schedule an appointment.

First, I find $230 extremely steep just to have a male neutered. Having a female spayed typically costs more due to the invasive procedure. I've never heard of $230 to have a male neutered.

I've also never heard of a vet keeping a male rabbit overnight after being neutered. Males typically breeze through the fairly simple procedure and unless there's complications, they do not require an overnight stay. It will actually stress them out more being away from home.

I'm iffy on that vet and, if I were you, I'd look around some more.

I don't like the part about having stay with the vet overnight either. Are they fully staffed the entire night? I agree that he'll be much less stressed and more likely to eat if he's at home with you. Maybe you could work something out with the vet or find a different vet?

Latest posts

Back