Satin/Mini Rex bunnies looking for loving home! (Indiana)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather.A

Reaction score
I have three satin/mini Rex crosses. Two bucks and one doe, the doe is nearing 2 years of age, and the two bucks are just past 1 year. I need to find them a new home because I’m a full time student (homeschooled, so it’s a little easier) and I volunteer a few days every week, I take horseback riding lessons almost every week, and I’m in band. The main thing though is that I’m about to get a job so that I can maintain my riding lessons so I’m going to have even less free time then I already do. I love each of my rabbits but I’m running out of time to hang out with them and give them the quality time they deserve. I want to find loving homes for each of them.
I’m selling them for only ten dollars each. I’m able to meet somewhere in north-west Indiana, so Michigan City or La Porte, or somewhere around there, if You are interested then I’m sure we can work something out. I would really appreciate anyone who is willing to give my babies a good home where they can truly thrive.

The doe is called Artemis and is potentially pregnant, it’s only been two days so I’m not positive yet, but I’m 99 percent sure she is. She has always been protective of her nesting area, and occasionally of her food, however she is generally very sweet and enjoys time just hanging out with someone and being pat. She will tolerate being held for a short time but doesn’t love it so I tend to avoid it. She is okay with getting her nails clipped if Its quick and gentle. She is used to being on leash and she loves being outside and eating grass. Her favorite treats are mint leaves, blackberry leave, and strawberries! She won’t be very good with children since she has very clear boundaries and expects you to respect them. I’m trying to find her a new home in the next week because I want her to have a good place to raise her kits. If you are interested, but have no experience raising a litter of kits, I will help answer any questions you might have, as well as give advise, and I will stay in contact in case you need help at some point!

The bucks are from the same litter but are not friendly with each other, they used to be best friends but I keep them separate now because they started to fight a lot. The one I’m mostly focused on is called kaldur’ahm, or just kaldur. When they were fighting it was mostly him getting bullied by his brother. He is EXTREMELY sweet and friendly, he loves cuddling and being carried (as long as you always provide an arm or chin for him to burrow under to hide from the rest of the world), he loves pats, even on his ears and face although he gets nervous if it’s someone he doesn’t know, he’s decent about getting his nails clipped (I gently flip him so he’s on his back in my lap and console and encourage him until I’m done.) he is a little timid and if he’s nervous he won’t eat unless I leave him alone, but once he’s warmed up to you he will never leave you alone❤️ (He also isn’t a big fan of loud noises, I spend July 4th cuddling him and letting him know he’s safe). I’ve had him fall asleep on my lap, laying on his back while I gave him belly rubs. He LOVES cuddles, and being bundled up in blankets, and will fall asleep with you all the time! His favorite treats are fresh apples, mint leaves, and for very special occasions bananas. He has accompanied me to festivals before, and doesn’t mind all the people, smells, or sounds. He is used to being on a leash and I’ve even been working on getting him to walk with me on leash (I’ve had varying levels of success with this). He has even hung out with my dog (supervised of course) and he doesn't react to dogs barking at him when they spot him in my arms. He can be very clingy, but he is truly amazing and I’m trying to find a perfect forever home for him.

His brother is called Conner, and he is very energetic and curious. He loves to explore the world he lives in and doesn’t like being held back and prevented from doing so. He will calm down and tolerate being held and he enjoys the occasional, full on cuddle. However, more often than not he will end up climbing all over you so if you’re ticklish beware! he does have a tendency to dig and nibble in the act of exploring, I’ve had him bite my clothes, earbuds, shoelaces, blankets, and anything else that might look tasty, as well as try to burrow through any blanket he ends up wrapped in! I’ve been working on getting him out of this habit, but he still orgets occasionally. If you hold him too long he will start to wriggle and if you don’t listen to him and either put him down, or let him explore, then he will end up nipping you. He is trained to be on leash, but he won’t follow you, if anything he’ll run around exploring everything and you’ll end up trailing after him. He loves being outside and he ignores my dog rather then running when he hears her bark. His favorite treats are mint leaves, celery, and blackberry leaves. Although he behaves well with children (he loves being pat, just like his brother, and doesn’t mind having his ears and face touched) I don’t think he would tolerate a child constantly trying to pick him up or get him to stay in one place. He is very fun to watch and be with and he would do well somewhere where he has space with places to explore, or at least someone willing to give him fun things to explore and play with.

(I’m having issues posting pictures but I’ll try and get some up soon)

They sound adorable...and, I’m willing to take them for you, but you need to get them to me..I live in NW PA. Kane 16735. [email protected]. We can talk further if you want to..I have the room and I take in animals that need homes..that’s how my farm exploded....I would love them just as you do..even the kits on the way..that’s a bonus in my book!

Latest posts

Back