Sampson and I Had a Scare

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrustwi

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I started taking new allergy medicine lastnight. It makes me so loopy, I'm just completely out of itwithin 20 min of taking it. I should have known that the bunsneeded to stay in their cages when I let my dog out and apparentlyforgot to attach him to his chain (thankfully he stayed in theyard). Well, I didn't learn my lesson and I let Sampson outlast night. I put him back, but apparently didn't close hiscage completely because in the middle of the night he gotout. My dogs are usually really good with him, but I think inthe dark they couldn't' tell what he was, so they went about chasinghim around the room. At 4:30 in the morning, I had a free forall going on. I grabbed my lab and threw him out of the roomand then got my yorkie out. Sampson was so funny, as soon ashe got over the initial upset, heflopped down on the floornext to me and laid there to get some pets. I was too tiredto deal with the whole thing, so I made him go back into his cage, shutit properly and went to bed. This morning I see that theyknocked things everywhere. So now I have to clean.It was insane.

Jen

Wow! Sampson was lucky the lab didn'thave him for a snack. How did you ever get back tosleep? My heart would've been racing.

I hope your allergy meds are helping you to feel better. They better be with that kind of stuff going on.

What a Love Sampson is. Flopping next to his Mom and justallowing her to calm him down. *Drama King* He'ssuch a sweetheart. He's definitely a Keeper!

-Carolyn

What the heck are you taking? You musthave some really bad allergies. I've been put through most ofthe pills and nasal sprays on the market due to health care changes andsuch, but I've never been loopy. I did have a bout ofsleeplessness- new pill the day before I started college. Icouldn't sleep a wink!

I'm really sensitive to medication even Advilmakes me tired. It's just Allegra-D. Yesterday wasthe first time I took it. I usually take Flo-Nase and thatworks fine, but my allergies have been awful for a couple of weeksnow. I've lost my voice and my eyes water all thetime. I'm kind of a mess.

My lab is really good with Sampson, I think he just had no idea whatwent running across the bed, I sure didn't. Withing like 2minutes of the whole thing happening, Sampson was totallycalm. He looked at me like "what?". I still don'tknow how he actually got out of the cage, the door was basicallyclosed, it's a NIC condo and he just slid the door over, I swear he hadmaybe 2 inches to get out. I think he's learned how to shrink.

Jen

Actually, Allegra-D is what gave me myproblems. Have you tried plain old Allegra? Itmight by the sudefed in the Allegra-D that's doing it to you.I use Flo-nase and Claritin during my allergy season, which should bestarting any day now.

Naughty shrinking Flemish! Maybe he decided to close the door behind him to confuse you?

thats funny.....i know hwat you mean i had asinus cold and was on medication .. i put the:foreheadsmack::elephantslide:phone after i was done talkingon it in the cabinet hehehehe

Back