Sammi in stasis. (Resolved)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, at her age, unfortunately you're looking at pricey diagnostics. :(

The usual aging diseases like tooth root issues, cancers, etc, need radiographs; infections and organ issues need bloodwork, etc.

I'd wait for her foot to heal and just give supportive therapy in the meantime, and if the pain/stress wasn't the problem, start taking a closer look at how she's affected and pick a place to start.

sas :clover:

She has been eating much better. She gets excited about her evening salad, and has been drinking well. I stopped giving her both medications yesterday, and she did well. She ate all of her pellets, drank her water, and promptly munched on her romaine when that was served. This morning, she ate more pellets and seems to be doing much better. She was crunching on her hay when I woke up. I will see how she is doing when I get home in 8 hours. Right now, it looks like the stasis part may be over (fingers crossed)!

She's eating/drinking and pooping again. Still not as much as I like to see, but she's pretty much back to normal. Her foot doesn't seem to be bothering her much anymore. It seems a little stiff, but she does run on it. She just doesn't stand on it fully.

Well, I should update everyone. Sammi is doing much better. She's still not as spunky as she used to be, but she's eating and grunting at me, which I think is a good sign that she's back to her old self. :)

Thank you, guys! Your kind thoughts and advice were appreciated! :group:

LOL Sammi sounds a lot like Frida, except she's usually grunting at Ben. I've trained the bunnies that when I make kissy noises it's treat time, and I can make a noise, and she'll grunt because she's trying to get in position to get all the treat. It's fun. Me: *kissy noise* Frida: *grunt* Me: *kissy noise* Frida: *grunt* She'll keep that up for a while!

tonyshuman wrote:
LOL Sammi sounds a lot like Frida, except she's usually grunting at Ben. I've trained the bunnies that when I make kissy noises it's treat time, and I can make a noise, and she'll grunt because she's trying to get in position to get all the treat. It's fun. Me: *kissy noise* Frida: *grunt* Me: *kissy noise* Frida: *grunt* She'll keep that up for a while!
Toby is like that. When it's treat time, the grunting/honking begins!

Latest posts

Back