Salt Savors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooze247

Reaction score
Hi I bought a salt savor today for my bunny because it was cheap and he loves to lick my man's face for the salt :) Haven't given it to him yet and was wondering if anyone knows if they are really bad for their health or would one occasionally be okay? Here's a link to what they are...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GUU7QO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Daisy Mae loves hers.

Buttercup (RIP) also loved his and he lived to the ripe old age of 13, so I don't think they harm the bunnies.

I say if the lick let them haqve them.

Susan:)

Thanks for the advice, you guys are the best place online for bunny help :hugsquish: I gave it to my little guy but he has yet to try it so I will leave it for him for awhile and see if he decides he wants to try it.

When i had my hamsters..i discovered alot of hamster keepers didnt recommend them.and they were not interested

Even my rats/mice were not interested

However i dont know about rabbits..could be a cheap treat i guess?

I don't use salt or mineral stones and my vet does not recommend them (she actually told me to throw out the one I had). The danger comes when a rabbit uses it a lot in a short time, it can lead to imbalances. 1 small salt wheel is still a lot to any size rabbit, it would be a lot for a person to consume in a short time. A good pellet should provide the salt that rabbits need, so there should be no need to supplement.

I have tiny ones that look like life savers on their chew kabob things and none of the four have ever nommed on it that I can tell. I just havn't gotten around to taking them off.

Back