salt licks and health

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoria

Reaction score
I was wondering do rabbits need salt licks or is it just something they can have or not have? I used to give them salt licks, but they were choosy with the flavours and most were notused muchand then the rabbits alsoput what was left into their pee and the litter and we had to throw them out most of the time . if we attached them by wire and the like they still took them off wire, ate the wire! and salt licks ended in their pee again.. thats rabbits being their usual selves..

so the question is - do they need them?

We give them very little pellets because Red rabbit is very enthusiastic eater and gulps his food down and it used to get stuck and he used to choke and

I stopped giving most ofpellets, but they still have some every week - just under supervision and much less than before. they have them about every two days.

Not necessary if they are on a good pellet. A quality pellet will contain all the needed vitamins and minerals.

Tonyshuman is right. Salt licks are not necessary. And, stay away from the mineral licks as well. It's thought that mineral licks may actually contribute to sludge in the urine.

Latest posts

Back