Safe Fruit Trees in Thailand

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angela

Reaction score
Hi,
I'd like some help please. I live in Thailand and need help knowing what fruit trees that are grown here are safe for my 7 bunnies to chew on.

I have five adult bunnies (Teddy Bears, a Woody Toy and a Lionhead) and one of my Teddy Bear does has just recently had babies. The two babies - Willow and Bramble - are now four weeks old and are gorgeous. LOL all baby bunnies are are'nt they! Anyway, my current project is environmental enrichment and I've just finished expanding their cages with the addition of NIC panels. So, as well as adding as many toys as I can make/buy, I'd like to give them tree branches to chew on.

Does anyone know if mango tree wood is safe? Other fruit trees readily sourced are: Chompuu, Lamyaay, Longan and Tamarind. Chompuu is kinda similar to but not the same at all as an apple. Lamyaay and Longan are small round fruits (about the size of a golf ball) with a stone in the middle.

Sure hope someone can help me with this. All replies very gratefully received. Thanks :big wink:

Most stone fruit tree are poisonous here so maybe best to avoid those. You don't have apple at all? How about fruit/berry bushes? Blackberry (bramble) and raspberry wood, leaves and fruit is safe.

Non fruit trees like hazel & willow?

A local vet might know what is safe.

angela wrote:
Hi,
I'd like some help please. I live in Thailand and need help knowing what fruit trees that are grown here are safe for my 7 bunnies to chew on.

I have five adult bunnies (Teddy Bears, a Woody Toy and a Lionhead) and one of my Teddy Bear does has just recently had babies. The two babies - Willow and Bramble - are now four weeks old and are gorgeous. LOL all baby bunnies are are'nt they! Anyway, my current project is environmental enrichment and I've just finished expanding their cages with the addition of NIC panels. So, as well as adding as many toys as I can make/buy, I'd like to give them tree branches to chew on.

Does anyone know if mango tree wood is safe? Other fruit trees readily sourced are: Chompuu, Lamyaay, Longan and Tamarind. Chompuu is kinda similar to but not the same at all as an apple. Lamyaay and Longan are small round fruits (about the size of a golf ball) with a stone in the middle.

Sure hope someone can help me with this. All replies very gratefully received. Thanks :big wink:
--it is always a wise decision to research about plants before feeding to the bunz,,i personally have never heard of any of these trees--here is a link that i hope will help--http://www.medirabbit.com--sincerely james waller

• Orange or lemon trees – branches (fresh or dried)
• Apple tree branches– (fresh or dried)
• Willow - branches and leaves (fresh or dried)
• Maple, Ash and Pine trees – branches should be dried
• Rose Canes – remove thorns, branches and leaves may be fed fresh or dried

careful of pesticides used ,rinse really well ,,,and put in freezer over night to kill any bugs...

id google the names of the trees u want to use and type in toxic to rabbits after it ...itll pull up all kinds of useful info for u..:)

Back