Safe For Rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratmom

Reaction score
I've been searching, but came up empty is rye flour, cinnamon and flax ok for buns? Someone made me some treats for the bunnies and I want to make sure it's ok to give to them.

Sounds good to me. :) Love some for breakfast.

Not sure the cinnamon will be all that popular, but rye and flax are not bad and should be enticing -- although as with all treats, must go easy on those carbs and sugars.

Love to know how they go over, I'll watch this thread.

sas :)

White Bread is ok, just a little bit (even though you didnt mention bread - James Waller did)

Oats really have no good stuff in it for the buns. If you wanna give them some, you can

I posted something about Ready Brek [oats]b4 so this was the reply

Reply to my post:

Wholegrain Rolled Oats (60%), Wholegrain Oat Flour (39%), Calcium, Niacin, Iron, Pantothenic Acid (B5), Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12.

so i don't think there is anything that is terribly bad for the rabbits, but i don't see any point in giving them all that carbs. it would be better to just give them daily veggies and a few rolled oats as a treat then to specially buy this for them.

When I got my bunny Dolla she was skinny. After months of her barely gaining any weight (partly because I think she's related to the energizer bunny) I mixed in a small amount of rolled oats and flax seed in with her food to fatten her up. She finally gained a little weight!

i would think that you could give them a few little nibbles.

i personally only give carby stuff out once in a great while (when winnie isn't stealing by bag of rye chips off my lap and stuffing her head in the salty carb goodness).

personally i just don't see the point.

all my buns get excited over herbs, and so i would just as soon give them those then something that isn't as good for them

(it would be like a bar of milk chocolate to a human, sure it isn't good for you, but one every once in a while won't kill you)

my vote is that because of the cinnamon, they might not like it, but give them a few nibbles, nothing you listed is toxic to buns that i know of, and it is the holidays, if they can't eat their treat then what right does anyone have to eat that frosted sugar cookie?:D

and btw, that was my reply to nicole's thread, and i stand by that.

i think that every balanced diet(for any animal) will have some give, some treats. . .

go for it, and let us know how they like them!

Thanks everyone :) Now my dutch sherman wouldn't touch it, but wilbur really liked it I broke off a little piece for him to try. It has rye, pumpkin, oats, flax & cinnamon.

Latest posts

Back