"Safe" Flooring/Traction Options...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
What seemed like a great idea for bunny flooring/traction (thin, firm rubber sheeting) is more pricey than I'd anticipated. And Dear Hubby isn't on board with the idea of spending $300-$400 for the amount that we'd need to cover a good portion of two bedroom floors.I've been looking at yoga mats, which are also pricey when you try to get larger sheets of the material.

Does anyoneknow of any unusual/affordable flooring options? (Please, don't suggest anything that's made of foam rubber and/or interlocking pieces; my crew is not trustworthy with such materials. Alas...)

I need an unbroken line of material, as all three of our crew chews/ingests any-and-all material. So whatever we get must be large enough to extend outside of their pen walls. In one room, that's about 10 ft.; the second room is about 11' ft. The width for both would be 4-5 ft.

Thank you,

Jenk

Maybe horse stall mats. They are thicker rubber and all one piece. I think they are fairly expensive, but you might be able to find some used ones from a stable or barn.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
Maybe horse stall mats. They are thicker rubber and all one piece. I think they are fairly expensive, but you might be able to find some used ones from a stable or barn.

Ironically, I've already viewed some of them online. And, as you've mentioned, they tend to be rather pricey (not to mention too heavy for two adults to move!). lol

I'm also looking into mats that are used for dog kennels and runs. But anything that hasa raised texture (e.g., ridges) is a baaaad option. I swear that our bunners notice every little raised surface and eat it.

I swear that they're always going :bunnydance:(nah-nah) at me. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back