SADNESS

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conejita

Reaction score
HEY YOU ALL I FEEL SO SAD AND NO ONESEEM TO UNDERSTAND, MY BUNNY HAS BEEN MISSING FOR 5 DAYS ANDI DON'T THINK I WOULD EVER SEE HER AGAIN I HAD HER FOR ABOUT 5 MONTHSAND ONE UNDERSTAND MY SADNESS, AND SOMETHING WORST HAPPEN THAT NEXT DAYMY CHIHUAHUA STARED TO FEEL SICK AND WE TOOK HIM TO THE DOCTOR AFTERTHREE DAYS AND HE DIE THE NEXT DAY. IT'S REALLY SAD TO HAVE BOTH OF BYBABIES GONE THEY USED TO PLAY TOGETHER THE LIVED TOGETHERTHEY WERE PART OF MY REGULAR DAY. AND NOW I CAN'T STOP CRYING I CAN'THELP IT I'AM SO ATTACH TO ANIMALS, I JUST THINK OF ALL THETIME WE PLAYED. WHEN MY PUPPY USED TO CHASE MY BUNNY , I CAN'T STOPCRYING I WISH WITH ALL MY HEART THAT THEY WERE HERE. I'MTHINKING OF GETTING AN OTHER BUNNY OR PUPPY OR MAYBE EVEN BOTH , BUT IKNOW FOR A FACT THAT IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME . DO YOU THINK THAT MEGETTING A NEW PET WILL BE A GOOD IDEA OR NOT/

I am so sorry to hear about the tough times youhave been experiencing. It is always hard to get over the sadness wefeel when a pet leaves us. Like you said, they become an intregratedpart of our lives and when they are gone, it leaves a very hollowspace. I can only hope that in time your heart will heal and be able tolove a new pet. You will know when the time is right and you feel readyto open your heart to another little love. I hope your silver liningshows up for you very soon.

My heartfelt sympathies,

Fergi's mom

What a blow :(to lose both your puppyand your bunny. It may help to open your heart and home tonew pets, but make sure you are ready. I am a firm believerthat one of the best ways to overcome petloss grief is to welcomeanother animal into my home. But it depends on your personalfeelings. Are you ready for another emotionalattachment? Some times it may take a few weeks or even monthsuntil you are ready again. Dont rush it, you might besurprised who comes along to help you out.

Good luck, and my deepest condolences,

Melissa

I'm so sorry, Conejita.

I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that I've cried harder for some ofmy pets after they died than I did for some people. They'reour families and provide us with unconditional love.Whata terrible time you're having right now. Allowyourself to cry and don't worry about the people that don't understand,focus on the people who will support you at this difficult time and dounderstand or at least try.

I can't give advice as to whether you should go right out and getanother animal. It's really a personal decision.When my cat died, it took me 5 years to get up enough of courage toopen my heart to another pet. When my bunny, Skip,died, I had gotten another rabbit just two weeks later because I onlyhad Skip for two weeks. I adopted him from a pet store and hehad a respiratory illness. It's all about what you canhandle. Trust your heart. If you quiet yourself,you'll know whether you should wait or get another.

There's a post on the forum entitled Rainbow Bridge. It's amemorial for all our animals and BunnyDanny. You might wishto put your little one's name in there.

Again, I'm so sorry! If you're not familiar with the poem,Rainbow Bridge, please read it. It's brought some comfort tosome during their darkest hours of grieving.http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

With Sympathy,

-Carolyn

THANK YOU ALL IT MAKES ME FEEL A LITTLE BITBETTER TO READ ALL THIS, SOME PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND ABOUT PETS THEYTHINK THEY ARE JUST ANIMALS, TO ME THEY ARE MORE THAN ANIMALSTHE BECOME PART OF YOUR FAMILY AND LIFE. A COUPLE OF PEOPLE IN MYFAMILY WOULD TELL ME THAT I WAS MAKING A BIG DRAMAOR THAT IWAS EXAGGERATINGBUT THEYHAVE NO IDEAOFWHAT I'M GOING THRU. MY BACK YARD LOOKSEMPTY ANDSAD, EVERYTIME I LOOK AT IT IJUST STARCRYING,BUT YOU GUYS ARE ANIMALS LOVERS AND YOU ALLUNDERSTAND ME BETTER THAN THE PEOPLE AROUNDME.ICAN'T FORGET ALL THE LAUGHS ALL THE GOODMEMORIES THAT I HAD WITH MY PETS, I DON'T UNDERSTAN WHY BOTH OF THEMHAVE TO LEAVE AT THE SAME TIME :(. THANK YOU ALL

Abig hug coming your wayfrom me. I found this forum after mybeloved house bunny Fudge died and the warmth, comfort and welcome Igot helped me so much. I know you might not want to hear it right now,because I know that your emotions are raw and you are tired, but timeDOES heal. Look at the Rainbow Bridge post. I poured my heart out on itand it really helped. It's strange but since then, I have seen manymany rainbows. I like to think that Fudge is sending them to me. Ifyour babies are at Rainbow Bridge, then Fudge will look after themuntil we both see them again.

Bless you

mummybunny

Keep looking for your bunny, maybe a few of itsfavrite things could lure it back. I am adopting a tray thatthe animal shelter found. Who knows how long it had been onits own. Try looking in the early morning andevening. It mihgt be hiding all the time somewhere.

Ed

I'm so sorry! but dont giveup! my bunny ran away for 2 weeks! then we found him~! so dont give upand keep looking. So sorry about your dog, I hope you find yourbunny~!!:):(:):(:)

I understand i have a chihuahua,two puppies halfchihuahua half jack russell,a cat,rabbits,two beagle mixes,two horses.ididnt want another dog for two years after my poodle died but i had hadher for many years.i think its a personal decision you will have todecide for yourself.soo sorry about your animals, ours are part of thefamily.bluebird

in my neighborhood there aremountain lions,bobcats,racoons,coyotes,cats,dogs. and many otheranimals. But i did get my bunny back!

Oh no, I'm so sorry! That's terrible, losing bothyour beloved pets in one swoop. I understand how you don't want to getyour hopes up about your bunny. Still, though, I would keep an eye outfor the next week or two, just in case. And if you think it's a goodidea, a new pet might be a great thing once you're ready. Big HUGS foryou in this tough time!

What terriblesadness you must be feeling right now. I've lost pets before that wereso special to me that I didn't know how the days would feel normalwithout them. Try to remember the special times and love they broughtto you and be thankful for the time you had with them. If you are theanimal lover you seem to be, I think another pet would help you. Makesure you have yourgrieving time first though. We will all bethinking of you.

RaspberrySwirl

Latest posts

Back