sad poems!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma.L

Reaction score
hey! I just hada few sad poems and nobody wanted to hear them so i decided to start up this topic!

put in a sad poem maybe you madeit up, its by your favouritepoet or you just like it!!! i shall go first with mypoem...

Please dad

As soft winds sweep away the days
I look back on life through a haze.
Remember playgrounds, parks and friends,
In childlike gaze that never ends.
The laughter in a game of catch,
Shall memory ever attach...
To innocence in youthful eyes,
Catching the ball to Dad's surprise.

I recall my first bike, first wreck,
Who picked me up, said, "What the heck?"
Convinced me to give one more try,
While, knees skinned, I forgot to cry.
Just the joy knowing he was there,
Making him proud my only care.
There was nothing I couldn't do,
My heart held fast that to be true.

Though teenage years were kind of rough,
I sure wasn't too big or tough.
You taught me to defend what's right
And never back down from a fight.
So I learned the hard way to stand,
Still, with each lump, I found your hand.
Drawing from you an inner strength,
And stubborn pride of equal length.

But there the line of fate was drawn,
As though I blinked and you were gone.
I found myself facing the sun,
Not man, not boy, fatherless, one.
Eyes blinded by a void inside,
I could not live that you had died.
Alas finding it to be true,
I could do nothing without you.

Please, Dad, today just hear my call,
I'm sorry that I dropped the ball.
My life is wrecked, my knees are skinned,
My emotions undisciplined.
I can't get up although I try,
Please don't be upset if I cry.
Though I can't fight what I can't see,
Please, Dad, say you're still proud of me. :(:(

Emma, your poem is very touching, veryheartfelt....and you write very well! I attempted a few times to writesome poems but overall wasn't very successful. I did have a few thatI'd done a few years ago, but lost them all when my harddrive blew up.

Anyway, here's a poem I'd run across online several years ago...it never fails to bring tears to my eyes:

[align=center]A Hunter's Poem
[/align] [align=center]Lem Ward Crisfield[/align]
[align=center]A hunter shot at a flock ofgeese[/align][align=center]That flew within hisreach,[/align][align=center]Two were stopped in theirrapid flight[/align][align=center]And fell on the sandybeach.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The male bird lay at thewater's edge[/align][align=center]And just before hedied,[/align][align=center]He faintly called to hiswounded mate[/align][align=center]And she dragged herself to hisside.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]She bent her head and croonedto him[/align][align=center]In a way distressed andwild,[/align][align=center]Caressing her one and onlymate[/align][align=center]As a mother would achild.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Then covering him with herbroken wing[/align][align=center]And gasping with failingbreath,[/align][align=center]She laid her head against hisbreast[/align][align=center]A feeble honk ...thendeath![/align][align=center][/align][align=center]This story is true thoughcrudely told,[/align][align=center]I was the man in thiscase,[/align][align=center]I stood knee deep in snow andcold[/align][align=center]And the hot tears burned myface.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I buried the birds in the sandwhere they lay,[/align][align=center]Wrapped in my huntingcoat,[/align][align=center]And I threw my gun andbelt in the bay[/align][align=center]When I crossed in the openboat.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hunters will call me a rightpoor sport[/align][align=center]And scoff at the thing Idid,[/align][align=center]But that day something brokein my heart ...[/align][align=center]And shoot again? Godforbid...[/align]

Did you write that poem Emma? Very touching. Although it does sound familiar for some reason.

I wrote a memory poem about Pepsi . I'm not very good at all about writing poems, but I do enjoy reading them.

Here's one of my favourite poems.

[align=center]Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die.[/align]

I can't remember the author that wrote that poem, but I'll try to find it.

[align=left][/align]

Please Dadwas written byMichael Anderson.

Do Not Stand at My Grave is believed to have been written by MaryElizabeth Frye, who died in 2004.Itmayhave been written about 50 years ago and hasbeen credited to other authors, so the true source is unknown.

One of my favorite poems is "If" by Kipling.

Pam

Spring, I love Do Not Stand At My Grave too...Ifind it to be extremely sad, but also very touching, and a reminderthat goodbye never really is goodbye.

(Can anyone read the poem I posted? When I opened this thread today allI could see of the poem I'd posted was box characters, so I'm not sureif it's the computer I'm at that doesn't recognize certain fonts, or ifit's another problem...)

I used to be able to write great poems but ilost it a bit, now i only come up with ones that make no sense butrhyme pretty well.

I am using this poem in my devised drama piece for my exam. Our pieceis a comedy, its set at a funeral. Its supposed to be funyn throughoutbut this part is the real "reality bites" bit which is intended to be areal contrast.

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Its called Funeral Blues and its by W.H Auden.

I can view the poem Bassett.

I alsolike The Ravenby Poe. It speaks ofthe eternal grief felt by a man who has lost his love. Verysad.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted . . . nevermore!"

There was another poem I really liked. I think it was by aScottish author and spoke of a man who had forsaken hiscountry. I'll have to see if I can find it again.

O Captain, My Captain by Whitman is also very touching and is based on the death of Abraham Lincoln.

"But O heart! heart! heart! O the bleeding drops of red . . .

Where on the deck my Captain lies, Fallen cold and dead."

My daughter recently wrote a sad poem about the path worn to her grandmothers grave.

Pam

oh no i didnt write"please dad" as pamsaid it was written by michael Anderson.Im usless at writingpoems but like to read them!

Ill put the poets nameat the end of in future! All your poems are very touching

especially the hunters poem!

pam do you think you could post the poem that your daughter wrote? For i would love to hear it.

Here is a poem that I found!

im not sure who wrote thisor what i is even called but it wasvery good. If anyone could find the poet or namei would begrateful...

I went to a party, and remembered what you said.
You told me not to drink, Mom so I had a sprite instead.
I felt proud of myself, the way you said I would,
that I didn't drink and drive, though some friends said I should.

I made a healthy choice, and your advice to me was right
as the party finally ended, and the kids drove out of sight.
I got into my car, sure to get home in one piece,
I never knew what was coming, Mum something I expected least.

Now I'm lying on the pavement, and I hear the policeman say,
The kid that caused this wreck was drunk,Mum,
His voice seems far away.

My own blood's all around me, as I try hard not to cry.
I can hear the paramedic say, This girl is going to die.
I'm sure the guy had no idea, while he was flying high,
because he chose to drink and drive, now I would have to die.
So why do people do it, Mum knowing that it ruins lives?
And now the pain is cutting me, like a hundred stabbing knives.

Tell sister not to be afraid, Mum tell daddy to be brave,
and when I go to heaven, put "Daddy's Girl" on my grave.
Someone should have taught him, that its wrong to drink and drive.
Maybe if his parents had, I'd still be alive.

My breath is getting shorter, Mum I'm getting
really scared.
These are my final moments, and I'm so unprepared.
I wish that you could hold me Mum, as I lie here and die.
I wish that I could say I love you, Mum
So I love you and good-bye.

author unknown

Emma.L wrote:
Here is a poem that I found!

im not sure who wrote thisor what i is even called but it wasvery good. If anyone could find the poet or namei would begrateful...

I went to a party, and remembered what you said.
author unknown

I've seenDavid Riddell listed as the author onanumber ofsources, but others have also takencredit for the poem.

Pam

Emma.L wrote:
pam do you think you could post the poem that your daughter wrote? For i would love to hear it.

Here's the rough draft, but she still has to work on a rhymescheme. The poem is based on the path worn to hergrandmother's grave (My mother-in-law was killed in a car accidentearlier this year). It is truely a miracle that we found onecemetary plot left under a tree near the woods. (Mymother-in-law loved the woods and loved to take walks.) Therewere no other plots like that available - all the rest were out in anopen expanse. It's a beautiful spot.

The path to her grave is well worn . . .

Footprints mark the ground where she lays . . .

She is loved and missed every day . . .

We weep as we remember all the memories . . .

As we stand at the place where she peacefully rests .. .

All the good times have suddenly stopped . . .

And life has come to a pause . . .

We realize our life is not in our control . . .

Footprints mark the path . . .

And remind us of her sudden death.

She made us laugh and smile . . .

Our time with her on earth has ended . . .

One day we'll see her again . . .

Footprints mark the path . . .

As we walk together forever . . .

Steph

I found the lyrics to the Scottish poem I hadmentioned earlier (about a man forsaking his homeland and being leftwith no honor when he returned).

My Native Land
Sir Walter Scott.
Breathes there the man, with soul so dead,
Who never to himself hath said,
This is my own, my native land?
Whose heart hath ne'er within him burn'd,
As home his footsteps he hath turn'd
From wandering on a foreign strand?
If such there breathe, go, mark him well;
For him no Minstrel raptures swell;
High though his titles, proud his name,
Boundless his wealth as wish can claim;
Despite those titles, power, and pelf,
The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust, from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonour'd, and unsung.

I also like Crossing the Bar by Alfred, Lord Tennyson. It's asad poem, but full of hope as Tennyson expresses his faith in God.

Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,
But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.
Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;
For though from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.

This something I have been working on. Still not done. Oh and most of my poems don't rhyme.

I glance at a falling leaf a watch as it floats to the ground, a brushof wind against my skin leave me feeling at peace. Standing on mybalcony as darkness falls, the rain kissing my skin like a lovers touchwashing away the pain and fear.

I sometimes long for a life where so much death, pain, andbetrayal has not touched who I am. If that was to happen itwouldtake away the good I have found. It would takeaway what has created the person I am. I am proudof how even through the worst of times I have stayed true towhat I believe. I am proud of who I am.

I love how the snow falls covering the ground like a clean slate,letting you start fresh for awhile. Till it clearsand reveals the problems, the pain...that nothing has really changed.You learn from what has happend and you take that next step. Youcontinue to just enjoy the small things, those little moments ofpeace. Those moments of absolute joy. You treasure those trueto you, those who support you even when they don'tagree. Life sets paths in front you, it up to you to choosewhich to take. Sometimes you take the wrong one, you can't go back butyou make the best of what is there.

Love what you can, enjoy what is there, and see where life takes you.

These are a few other ones I have written.

The first one I wrote for my brother. He is bipolar and alotof times he told me this is how he felt. I wrote this onein10th grade but to me it is always one of my personal faves.

Trapped

Am I happy? Am I content? Or am I pain? Am I praying for a death or amI praying for a savior? A day goes by and I am content till thoselittle voices get higher and hifgher trying to be heard. I screaminside, no one hears! The voices are getting louder and louder. My bodyscreams for them to stop! Oh please just stop. No more! I can't takeanymore! My mind feels the pressure. I start to think why I can'tanyone except me know me for who I am. The voices are so loud. Theywon't stop. I scream STOP, STOP, STOP IT! My body starts to move. I'mrunning and running. I stop, and look around. I'm still in the sameplace. I can't escape. They are still here. I hear screams. They comefrom me.

Dreaming

Dreaming is all some people do. I dream, but I plan to make my dream areality. Then I realize. I am a dream. Someone wants to be me; Butdoesn't have the energy or confidence. Now what am I? Am I a dream oram I an illusion? Am I what's to come or what was? Now I am confused. Iwant to be real, but is it possible? I want too be real I shout butsince I am not real no one hears me, or the pain in my voice. I amalone!

Untitled

Wandering lost trying to find a place of peace. A place of solitude. Aplace to call home. Lost and afraid. Alone and confused. Drawn into anunfamilar picture. Silent yet weeping. Blind to faith. Blind to hope.Blind to joy. Blind to all that is good. Binded to a world of pain andmisery. Barely alive. Losing grip with reality. Falling into an endlesssleep.

((wrk in progress))

She walks through darkness with the grace of a dancer. Born on thebrightest day. She died on the darkest night, only to rise again. Thevoice of an angel yet she will never walk in heaven. Feirce as alioness guarding her young. Although look into her eyes and you shallsucumb to her every whim.

Oh yea I am a writer.

Pam, your daughter's poem is so poignant; onecan feel the love that is written into each word. I'm sure hergrandmother is looking down upon her and is smiling with pride. :)

I also read the poem that you posted by Sir Walter Scott, and itreminded me of a song that tugs at my heartstrings every time I hearit. The lyrics to 'Danny Boy' always bring me to tears...it is about afather waiting for his son who has gone off to war:

Danny Boy

Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling

From glen to glen, and down the mountain side

The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying

'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow

Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow

'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow

Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

And if you come, when all the flowers are dying

And I am dead, as dead I well may be

You'll come and find the place where I am lying

And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.

And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me

And all my dreams will warm and sweeter be

If you'll not fail to tell me that you love me

I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.
Code:

Pam your daughters poem was brillant! I am sorry for your loss:X

here is a poem that my friend wrote when SHE lost someone close to her in a car crash involving drink..

You heard the crash

you heard the scream

the blood apon the window screen

but really did you stop and think

before you went

and had that drink

we all just want to stay alive

so please dont ever drink and drive

I couldn't think of a poem offhand...but Ilisten to a lot of music. I thought...well...msuic is basically poetrythat is sung. Here is a sad song that I like very much. The overallsound of the song is kind of bouncy, but If I wrote a sad song,that'show I'd sing it.

I just thought of another one so i'm posting two.

Dragonforce - Fields of Despair

Can you feel the pain inside sometimes, in your mind?
In the land of loneliness the seas of blood run cold
Is the feeling lost inside within the sins of all mankind?
Time after time we stood united on we go...

Fly! - Far away don't let the world pass you by
Live! - For the day when we must stand and survive
Now we face the judgement day our souls will feel the pain
Hear the screams of my world through the rain

Silent fields of despair; my tears in the rain
Pain in my heart bleeding through
One day we'll be back for one moment in time
Endlessly searching for you...

Who can cure my emptiness inside for this time?
Suffering from loneliness, my dreams and hopes will die
No more feelings left inside my blackened heart I can not hide
Time after time, our souls divided on we cry

Fly! - Far away don't leave your own past behind
Live! - For the day another year passes by
Now we turn to face our fear there's nothing more to say
Still your dreams and my nightmares remain

Silent fields of despair my tears in the rain
Pain in my heart bleeding through
One day we'll be back for one moment in time
Endlessly searching for you...

My Chemical Romance - Welcome to The Black Parade
** Thi song is also about deatha nd someone we love leaving us. It alsosounds like its kind of more about a man's wife leaving him, like theRaven. I'm posting a video link so you can see the video. Its reallyquite amazing. It made me feel kind of...content. The man in the videolying in the hospital bed...dying. Then he dies and it looks like he'sconfused about where he is. But its like...everyoen is kinda happy forhim. And he joins the black parade.** I also love how the curtains ofthe hospital kind of fall and it's like reality falling away from him.The video and the lyrics just seemed rather powerful to me. And eventhoug he's dead, theres not much sadness tothe whole thing, and theywelcome him...to t he black parade.

Code:
When I was a young boy, 
My father took me into the city 
To see a marching band. 
He said, 
"Son when you grow up, will you be the saviour of the broken, 
The beaten and the damned?" 
He said 
"Will you defeat them, your demons, and all the non believers, the plans that they have made?" 
Because one day I leave you, 
A phantom to lead you in the summer, 
To join the black parade." 

When I was a young boy, 
My father took me into the city 
To see a marching band. 
He said, 
"Son when you grow up, will you be the saviour of the broken, 
The beaten and the damned?" 

Sometimes I get the feeling she's watching over me. 
And other times I feel like I should go. Through it all, the rise and fall, the bodies in the streets. 
When you're gone we want you all to know We'll Carry on, 
We'll Carry on 
Though your dead and gone believe me Your memory will carry on 
Carry on 
We'll carry on 
And in my heart I cant contain it 
The anthem wont explain it. 

And we will send you reeling from decimated dreams 
Your misery and hate will kill us all 
So paint it black and take it back 
Lets shout it loud and clear 
Do you fight it to the end 
We hear the call to 
[size=[ these lyrics found on [url]http://www.completealbumlyrics.com[/url] ]][/size] [align=right]

[url=http://oascentral.artistdirect.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/www.completealbumlyrics.com/332672380/Right/Artist/AirForce_Dec_RON_300x250/AirForce_Sept_RON_300x250.html/31383033363465343435393163393130?332672380][img]http://view.atdmt.com/AST/view/rtstkaea0080000204ast/direct/01/332672380[/img][/url]

[/align]
To carry on 
We'll carry on 
We'll carry on 
And though you're broken and defeated You're weary widow marches on 

And on we carry through the fears 
Ooh oh ohhhh 
Disappointed faces of your peers Ooh oh ohhhh 
Take a look at me cause 
I could not care at all Do or die 
You'll never make me 
Cause the world, will never take my heart 
You can try, you'll never break me 
Want it all, 
I'm gonna play this part 
Wont explain or say i'm sorry 
I'm not ashamed, 
I'm gonna show my scar 
You're the chair, for all the broken Listen here, because it's only.. 
I'm just a man, 
I'm not a hero 
Just a boy, who's meant to sing this song 
Just a man, 
I'm not a hero 
I -- don't -- care 
Carry on 
We'll carry on 
We'll carry on 
And though you're broken and defeated You're weary widow marches on 
We'll carry on 
We'll carry on 
We'll carry on 
We'll carry on

VIDEO
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y_2aTHGPKE[/url] (Black PArade)
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOoa5fg2Vbo[/url] ( This is for Fields of Despair, 
I couldn't find the actual music video...but someone apparently made steps for it for
Stepmania. Most of you won't know what stepmania is....just know that you play it on the 
keyboard and have the hitt he corresponding arrow when it hitst he top of the screen. 
Yes this person is insane. )

does anyone have a sad poem about a pet?? or losing a pet or anything? If you had one i would be very grateful! :)

Latest posts

Back