Sad news

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linnie

Reaction score
Hey everybody, sorrymyfirstpost is such a downer, but I needed to vent to peoplethat would understand. My first rabbit, Mayjust died tonight.She was only three, she was abeautiful little blue mini rex.She stopped eating a few days ago except for a few little carrot slicesI gave her to try to get her to have something. I feel so bad about it,she seemed ok yesterday. She was so sweet, she used to push her nose inbetween the wires of her cage when I came to feed her and try to keepme from closing her door when I had to leave. I feel like I didn't giveher enough attention, andI just feel so bad about it. She wasthe first rabbit I ever had, I'd hadher since she was just a little 8week old who was always in motion to when she had her two kits who shewas such a good mother to, to now.

I still have her the only litter she had, two bucks that are all grownnow, and their sire, so I am going to make sure that I am the bestowner I can be to them. I just want to say to everyone to make sure togive your bunnies all the love you can while they are here. Thank youfor listening.

~Linnie

I'm so sorry, Linnie.

card1.jpg

Our first bunnies are so special. There's no replacing themor ever really getting over the sadness when they depart. I'mso sorry.

If you aren't familiar with the Rainbow Bridge poem, now might be agood time to take a look at it.http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I'll be sure togive Tucker and Fauna extra love, hugs, and attention in memory ofMay.

-Carolyn

I feel so bad for youLinnie, I mean, it's always so hard to lose the first... AndI know what you mean about feeling like you didn't pay enoughattention. A few days ago when I thought that Umbra was closeto leaving me, I couldn't help but think of all the things I could haveand/or should have done with him. But you have the rightattitude about it; remember May and remember all the things that youhad fun doing with her, and things you wished you would have done, anddo those things with the rabbits you have left. At leastsince she has babies,a part of her will be with you as longas they're still there.

--Melissa and Umbra

So sorry for your loss. It is nevereasy to lose a bun and we all second guess ourselves with a bunch of"coulda, woulda, shoulda's," but the outcome would have probably beenthe same. If you gave your bun a good life, I'm sure sheharbors no regrets, nor ill will toward you; and, if you believe in theRainbow Bridge concept, you and she will be reunited again.

Buck

Linnie - I am ever so sorry to hear about theloss of your little May. She will rest in peaceover on the other side, and you will meet again one day.

Latest posts

Back