sad moments

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issyorabbit

Reaction score
This is a sad blog.

my only bunny and first bunny died late march.:rip::rip::bawl::cry1::cry2:in tears::cry4:

We're so sorry for your loss. Our very first loss was devastating and it doesn't get easier. All we can do is give them our best for as long as they are with us. :pray:

thx or all ur support.

bugs died because a dog got to him. that was one of the saddes things that has ever happened to me. just coming home and finding a broken cage and no bunny. i criedfor days.:rip::in tears::tears2::sad::cry2:cry1::cry4::bawl::nerves1:faint::thanks:

i never ever ever ever ever ever EVER want a husky dog (tht was the breed)

i need an opioin.
people say i should get another rabbit but im scared the dog will just come back. wat do u think

Was it an outside cage? I'm assuming it wasn't your dog =\ I am very sorry for your loss. Rabbits are great animals, I would definitely suggest another when you're ready, but make sure you reinforce the cage. And if it was because the door was easily opened, I'd lock it. If you have an easily accessible outdoor cage, I'd suggest a pad lock anyways.

the cage had a lock and it was outside. the dog acturley bent the cage i want to give proof but i cant figue out how to put photos on.

I'm so sorry you lost your bunny in such a tragic way. When we were children (many years ago) my sister lost her little Dutch rabbit the same way, when our rabbits were housed outside. Unfortunately a determined dog, or wild animal, or even neighbourhood children, can do extreme damage to an outdoor rabbit if the wire/housing isn't reinforced. (I once had children enter the backyard and bend back the locked wire doors of a cage to get at the rabbits inside.) If ever you do decide to get another bunny and he/she is going to be outside, the cage will need to be reinforced at all entrance points, a heavy-gauge wire should be used, and ensure that nothing can be tunneled under. Even any floor wiring needs protection around it...again (when I was young) two dogs broke into the yard and tried attacking the rabbits. The dogs couldn't get through the wiring, so instead they went underneath and bit at the bunnies' feet, resulting in one rabbit losing a couple of toes and another who lost it's entire back foot (that bunny had to be euthanized). The bottom wire on the cages was standard 1" x 1/2" 14-gauge, pretty solid and - you would think - impenetrable...but anywhere a predator can access any part of a rabbit (in this case, the fur on the bottoms of their feet, which was grabbed by the dogs), the rabbit is vulnerable. So protection all around an outdoor hutch has to be rigorous.

Again, I'm very sorry this happened... :(

I am so sad for you. I am so sorry for your tragic loss. I hope you are up to finding the love for another bunny that needs it when you are ready.
May I suggest a enclosure around the hutch like I do with Thors. I built a very safe and strong dog run around his hutch that has a lock.
I am sooooo sorry sweetie, I can't imagine the sorrow you feel to lose a pet in such a tragic way.

thanx for all the support. i made sure we got a dog proof cage. some how it got through. just a bad year.

Latest posts

Back