Sable Point or Chocolate Point? Just for genetics people

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SablePoints

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just wondering if this doe is a Sable Point or Chocolate Point. Chocolate Gene would be 'bb' and Sable Point would be 'BB or Bb'. Both Parents are Bb. The pictured rabbit has a Chocolate Tort Sister and also a black sister too. So considering both parents are Bb, she could be BB or Bb, producing a Sable Point, or she could be bb, a chocolate point. Does anyone know what she is? Just trying to decide what buck to breed her with.IMG_3259.jpg

107E4609.jpg

THE ABOVE PICTURE IS HER AT ABOUT 1 YEAR OLD. THE BOTTOM PICTURE IS HER AT ABOUT 2 MONTHS. ANY IDEAS ARE APPRECIATED.

BTW the older picture of her was taken after another doe got mad and ripped some of her fur out...had to seperate them. Sorry that pic had the dirty fur in it. Its usually clean.

Thx! But why is her nose brown?

Definitely sable point, that is because sable points are suppose to have color on their points. The front feet/back feet, their ears, muzzle/nose, and I always thought it was on their tail but I'm not positive on the one

Thx so much!
Gonna breed her with a Black that carries CCchl hopefully they have 1/4 black 1/4 Tort 1/4 Sable point and 1/4 Siamese Sable. Siamese Sables sell real well...:D

Pretty girl. :) I had a Siamese Sable Netherland Dwarf and he was adorable; he had nice, solid dark points and his tail was absolutely adorable! Lol.

Good luck with your girl and getting some pretty babies from her!

Back