Ryo's wild day

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manda

Reaction score
this woman i work with asked if she could bring her three young children over to see my pets. i of course said "sure"
well they came over today, i sorta forgot and was a little un prepared. my room wasnt as clean as i like... but anyway!!!
the kids were really good at first. Ryo has never been around so many kids before and she was hiding at first. but quickly Ryo was out and about smelling and hopping around the kids. i am extreamly surprised Ryo seemed to mostly injoy herself! she was very curious in the kids socks and one of the kids hair.
watching these kids who have never seen a rabbit other than dead on the side of the road crawling around on the floor, called the rabbit and petting it was very amusing at satisfing.
well, they started getting wild, and hyper like kids usually do. they were making so much noise and jumping around, even crawling "chaseing" the rabbit which i quickly stoped. i just know Ryo was going to turn around and bit.
anyway, she didnt. everything went well. even when the kids were at thier wildest peak Ryo layed down flat on her belly and let them pet on her. Ryo didnt look happy letting them pet her, but she had her carrier out where she could escape the kids any time she wanted, but chose not to!
Me and the woman i work with (Tina) decided that it was a good idea to bring the kids over to see Ryo once a week for short periods of time and then longer. The kids loved it, and Ryo liked it. she has seemed bored lately, but didnt seem bored for a second with all those kids there. so we are going to start haveing "play dates"
Ryo has only been around one other kid and that kid didnt pay Ryo harely any attention. i am sooo surprised this went so well.
i have never been around kids either... so me and Ryo are both re cooperating from that stress.
i am unwinding (i have anxiety problems, it was hard on me but i know its good for me too) and Ryo is laying down relaxing.

just wanted to share our day with you!
sorry for any typo's or run ons.. whatever!

Ryo really likes new people! Have you thought of using her as a therapy animal? Usually dogs and cats are therapy animals, but I've heard of a few rabbits. I'm going to try taking Fey to the group home my hubby works at. It's for mentally disabled adults, and they love seeing the bunnies' pics.

My bunny made me type this at paw-point ;)

Ryo! good job! ya know, those little kids can get sooo annoying!! their "petting" is the closest thing to torture I've ever been through, and they pull your ears too! the nerve of them!! anyway I'd love to meet you! you sound beautiful! too bad you live so far away... *sigh* I'd love to be a daddy again...

Pawsitively yours,

:brownbunny Benjamin B. Bunny

(and his loyal slave, Greta **:bow:bunny19** )

Latest posts

Back