Russell Fufu my little Dutch boy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquamoonbeam

Reaction score
[align=center][/align]Russell Fufu *****

russellfufu.jpg

After checking my local humane society's website I saw that they had two 3 month old Flemish Giants, I had never seen a baby Flemmie so I begged my boyfriend to take me to the humane society, he promised he would and the next morning he woke me up bright and early with a smile and told me to get up because we didn't want to miss the baby bunnies! lol. So we drove down to the Humane Society on August 31st and boy were the little Flemmie girls cute! I turned around to look at all the other buns they had there when the volunteer pulled out a tiny baby dutch bunny and held her out to me. Well of course I melt and I'm not even a fan of Dutch bunnies...or so I thought. Well as it turns out a litter of four Dutch babies was turned into MADACC (our animal control) and the Humane Society scooped them up, there were four babies in all, two girls and two boys. When I got there there was one little boy and one little girl. The little girl was super friendly, she would run to the front of the cage, exploring and trying to see what you were, while the little boy was more content staying towards the middle of the cage assessing the situation.

I looked over at my boyfriend and just looking at his face I knew he loved these little bunnies just as much as I did. i went and filled out an adoption form and while we waited for our counselor we looked at all the dogs and cats and wild animals in the rehab center. Finally our beeper went off and we hurried back to the front desk.

More later.... [align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]:biggrin:

More pictures!
kyleandrussell.jpg

^Russell and his Daddy the day we adopted him

russellandkyle2.jpg

^Busted! Russell and Daddy snoozing. He was petting Russell and the little bunbun flopped out and started giving his Daddy kisses like mad!

russellandi.jpg

^Russell and I

aaaww...what an adorable little Dutchie! I love the breed, (in general) I find that the Dutch have great temperaments and are very affectionate. That first picture of Russell is just so sweet!

Love his name too. :biggrin:

Congratulations!

Since Russell was just ababy when I adopted him we had to sign an agreement and put money down as an assurance that we would bring him back when he was sixmonths old for his neuter. Pant of course I'll bring him back lol , all in all for the adoption and the neuter Russ cost me $15! If I didn't bring him back to be neutered they would keep the $50 I put down. I'm so happy that the neuter is free for me, I thought for sure since he was so little that once I had adopted him I would have to go out and find a vet and pay for it. Good old humane society lol, just another plus of adopting a rabbit I guess. So I called two days ago and scheduled his neuter for November 29th, we have to drop him off between 8 and 9 Am and then pick him up later that day after 4:30 p
. Aw I hope my little baby will handleit fine! I'm not that nervous because those shelter vets must do soooo Many rabbit alterations lol so i'mpretty sure I trust them. A little bit more than a month away...

I can't believe how fast rabbits grow. It seems like I put Russell in his cage and 5 minutes later I take him out and he is bigger.

gggrrrrr, I love big bunnies but he was soooooo tiny when I first got him, he could fit in one hand, he doesn't even seem like the same rabbit haha. I love him so much! He really is the sweetest.

At night I will watch a movie on my laptop and turn off the lights. I'll bring Russell on my bed with me and he will spend a good 15 mintues binkying around the bed in the Dark, silly rabbit.

Then eventually he will finish with one really big binky, race back to my laptop, feverishly cover my arm and face in intense kisses, and then proceed to dramatically flop out and fall asleep. It is the most endearing thing ever.

Picture Time? Nahhhhhh nobody would want to see little baby bunny pics.... haha.

102_8885.jpg

This is Octavius! He is my gerbil, I got him when he was a baby he was like a little cotton ball lol.

He is now a big boy, almost a year old. His favorite treat in the whole wide world is a whole almond, although he gets those very rarely because they make him pretty gosh darn pudgy. He likes when I rub his head and give him a little mohawk like in this picture lol.

This is a video of Boris my parakeet, he is trying his very best to lure to the sparrows outside to the window.

Sometime he succeeds and I come to the kitchen to find two female sparrows sitting outside the window on the ledge and Boris strutting up and down all puffed up happy as can be singing his very best love songs.

Silly romantic. (They can't touch each other the window is closed all the time). Boris is about year and a half old, I bought him when my boyfriend and I were living in WinterPark FL (right outside Orlando).

102_8869.jpg

Here is another picture of little Bobo soaking up the lovely Wisconsin summer day sunshine.

102_8942.jpg

This is Russell the first day we brought him home. He was quite upset that we put him in the cage and was doing his best to cutesie his way back out...it worked. lol

102_8943.jpg

He decided to lay like this in his cage, sticking his little nosey out just enough so he could give kisses and get scratches by passing humans.

Long time no post. Sowwwwyyyy. Alot has happened! But for now I am so excited to make my first NIC cage :) yay!!! I was just going to buy a box from one of the remaining Kmarts near me but on the way I saw a rummage and just got 34 black NIC panels for $10. I'm quite pleased and I'm sure Russell will be too! He is going to get a bigger cage than I thought thanks to the extra panels! Building commences tomorrow, can't wait to post pictures! He is such a good bunny, he deserves a castle and eventually Maybe even a princess!

Oh my goodness I loooove Russell!! I just love that name too.

Can't waitto see whatcha build him. Eeeeeeeee it's all very exciting nd stuff.

We wanna see how big he has gotten.

My lil Kramer fit in the palm of my hand when I got him. Now he fits snug in 2 and 1/2 hands. LOL Thor? well he never fit in one hand, he is a big Flemmish and a very lovey and silly one at that. Smooch my lil blued eyed mini rex is the same size as when I got him at 8 weeks, he is now 12 weeks and as cute and sweet as ever. He will do anything for a head scratch and when you do he zonks out and goes off into la la land. he will instanly lay flat on the floor and close his eyes. LOVE IT!!!

Can't wait to see more pics. Wooohoooooo!!!!

Latest posts

Back