Runty and my worries

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNBuster

Reaction score
Home of the white rabbits, , United Kingdom
I had Runty out for quite a while tonight and ohshe(or he can't quite tell just yet as she is so small)is soscared. The poor little mite just sits there. I can even roll her overon her back and she willjust co-operate with her ears rightdown.

One thing I have noticed is that her right eye keeps closing. I havethoroughly checked it over and there is no weepingor anysigns of a sore, ingrowing eye lashor anything. It ispermanently closed more than onthe left.From what Ican see it doesn't seem to be causing her any pain or anything. I wasjust wondering if a rabbit could have a lazy eye?

Once I had put her back home -she was jumping around again with theothers. Another thing I have noticed is that she just huddles in thecorner on her own most of the time.

She is such a worry - I couldn't possibly cope with losing another baby- Do you think I am being over protective? She is eating and drinkingwell, but just doesn't seem to be growing.

Vickie

I don't think you're being overprotective atall. I'd be worried too. Maybe you should haveRunty checked out by a vet?

Being the runt, she might be the submissive oneof the litter. I know some of Bunbun's babies tend to get stepped onand shoved around more than others. They just sit there and put up withit.

The other thing is, maybe she's getting outcompeted for food?

Rose

Latest posts

Back