Runny nose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caitlint770

Reaction score
hi all, recently I've noticed that my bun's nose has been unusually more runny than usual and this morning when I was checking it out, i noticed that she had a yellow stain inside her nostril. Ive been looking for any other symptoms of a respiratory infection and I haven't seen any other signs other than her nose. On the other hand, her eyes are beginning to water again (she just got off her eye drop treatment for conjunctivitis a few weeks ago) and I don't know if these symptoms are associated with one another. Im planning to take her to the vet if it escalates any further or if the runny, yellow nose appears again but for now i was wondering if anyone has an idea on what this could be?

Attachments

• 20200506_073425.jpg
    20200506_073425.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 7
I think quite a few rabbits have been dealing with wet and mucky noses recently. I know for sure that my own bun has been. As long as you don’t see any white discharge or mucus and she’s not sneezing, wheezing or any other respiratory symptoms, she’s probably okay. My rabbit also had conjunctivitis, we got antibiotics from the vet and used them for a week and a half or something like that. But the symptoms persisted even after the vet advised treatment, so I order saline solution and used that on his eye three times a day until the symptoms went away. And I used it once a day for two weeks after that.

Back