Runny nose and what looks like drool

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faerin

Reaction score
My female holland lop who is about 3 years old has what looks like a runny nose and/or drool. I was just grooming her and she left a wet patch on the table. She lives outside and it's been warm today but not overly hot. She has been eating and drinking fine and there is no hair loss other then the fact that she's molting at the moment. She isn't coughing or sneezing and her eyes look fine. I took a look at her teeth too and they look normal. At the moment she's chillin' out in a laundry basket lying up against a frozen water bottle.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks I looked for the heat stress thing at the top of this section and the link is not good anymore or something. Anyways she's lying up against a frozen bottle at the moment and I'm going to keep her inside for the rest of the night just to make sure she's okay.

How is your bunny?

You can also put tiles in the freezer for your bunny to lie on
Tracy also mentioned bricks which if placed in the freezer will hold the cold. In the case of a brick you would need to cover it with something to prevent burning the bun.
You can also mist their ear if they are outside

if you are keeping him in an air conditioned house after he has been in a lot of heat outside it is best to put him in a warmer room and continue to cool him with external methods as this type of change can be too much for a rabbit...

She seems to be fine now and is loving being indoors. I hate having to put her back outside but I don't have the room for two rabbits inside not to mention the fact that my roommate would kill me. She seemed to be fine with just misting her ears and giving her the frozen water bottle in a towel. I'll be sure to check her tomorrow as well just to make sure she's not leaking :p

Just a note about the bricks, they are AWESOME! I found I didn't need to wrap them in anything because there didn't seem to be an issue about burning (when I posted about it originally I hadn't actually used any at that point) but that rabbits loved them! they draped themselves all over them and it worked very well.

I also found a cool damp towle works well, but how you use it depends on your rabbit, I found.

Sounds good! I had been using frozen water bottles but they make such a mess when they melt. Will have to look into bricks as well...

Latest posts

Back