Runny eyes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherylgeorge

Reaction score
My bunny has quite gloopy runny eyes. He seems happy as always and hasnt changed any of his habbits. He was an outdoor bunny but I have brought him in doors since moving home. I am taking him to the vet but until i do i have been worried. Any help would be appreciated

You definitely do need to have him seen by a vet as it sounds like he has some sort of eye infection. You want to do this asap, but until then you can try a plain saline eye solution(not contact cleaner) to rinse the eye, but ultimately this needs antibiotic eye drops from the vet to clear up the infection. If it is really bad and especially if you are seeing any cloudiness or bulging of the eye itself, you need to get him seen immediately. The vet should also investigate if there is any tooth infection related to the eye infection, as this can be a common occurrence.

Last edited:
Thanks jbun
I took George to his vet yesterday. She checked his teeth as he is quite drooly also. She said he has massive molars but has given me an antibiotic and eyedrops. He was not a happy bunny all day after his appointment 🙈 xxx

If he's drooling as well it's definitely something that you want to keep an eye on. Did she recommend anything to do with how to proceed with the teeth? Because if it's the teeth that's causing the eye issues, I don't think eye drops and antibiotics are going to clear it up completely, only treat the symptoms and not the cause, but I could be wrong.

The eye drops and antibiotics have made a big big difference. If she suggests taking out any teeth i think id maybe say no. He is 6 now. Id be worried about letting them aneathsetise him. 😔 xxx

Latest posts

Back