Rumple

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyliegp

Reaction score
Oops. I'm sorry - somehow I wound up editing your question, instead of replying to it.

If Rumple's cage is the kind where he can jump in and out on his own, it would be better to train him to go into the cage on command than to try to grab him and physically put him in the cage. It may take a while to train him to go into the cage on his own, but it will be less stressful for both of you.

Figure out some treat that he really likes - baby carrots or craisins or dried banana chips are Natasha's favorites. Teach him to associate the treat with the name by repeating the name as you give him the treat and he eats it. It won't take long for him to realize that "carrot" means that delicious sweet orange thing. Only give him the treat in his cage, so he associates being in the cage with the treat and the word.

Once he's gotten accustomed to that, let him out of his cage and lure him back with "carrot" while holding the carrot so he has to go in the cage to get it. When he hops into the cage to get the carrot, say "go in" (or whatever command you like). Don't lock him in just yet - let him go out again, and lure him in with "carrot" and "go in" again.

He'll very quickly associate the command with the action, and then you can lock him in. Your patience will be rewarded.

10568937_10152642953369084_1386255644591339721_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
mine go in right around 8 pm because that is when I used to use their pellets to lure them in. Now, they tell me it's time for pellets.

He's getting much more comfortable now and he's occasionally cooperative when its time to go back in the cage hahah, his cage is raised though so he can't go back in when he chooses so I've been experimenting with which treats he likes best and it certainly helps a lot

Latest posts

Back