Rugs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beccadaboo

Reaction score
I have a female lionhead just over a year old and a new 3 month old male lionhead. I have a rug in the room with their cage. The female has peed on it before. What would you guys suggest to keep them from peeing on it again without having to get rid of the rug?

Generally rabbits pick one spot to pee, and that's where they keep going. The only thing I'd suggest is to mop up the pee with paper towels a and put those in the litter tray. They tend to pee where they've previously peed, so if they smell their pee in the litter tray they're likely to use the tray the next time.

You could try a vinegar and water solution, the vinegar helps to neutralise the pee smell so the shouldn't smell it and go there again.

The only sure thing would be to put it on the ceiling. We have their room tiled and then put a remnant down. Doesn't matter how much it gets cleaned--it still gets used as a toilet, so it gets replaced periodically. Any object in the room with them is considered sacrificial.

Latest posts

Back