Rug or mat for indoor pen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mordecai

Reaction score
What do you use as a rug or mat for your bunny's indoor pen? We got a new floor and want to both protect the floor where her pen is and also make it more comfortable and give her more traction as the new floor is hardwood. I put a rug down but she's chewing on it and I worry about her eating it.

Is your rug low and dense? Are its edges kept outside of the pen? If not, then that's likely why she destroys the carpet. It might also be that she has nothing else to dig at.
A few nibbles here or there is okay as rabbits are inclined to try out anything new.

Try cotton rag rugs? You will need double sided tape to make sure they don't slip on the wood floor though.

What do you use as a rug or mat for your bunny's indoor pen? We got a new floor and want to both protect the floor where her pen is and also make it more comfortable and give her more traction as the new floor is hardwood. I put a rug down but she's chewing on it and I worry about her eating it.
I got a rug from Amazon that's a sweet grass mat with a cotton backing. I get the runner because it's cheap. She eats enough of it every 3 months. It's untreated from Vietnam. Don't get it from China.

Back