Rue's home is done... I hope

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyRue

Reaction score
Well after lots of playing around and tweaking and adjusting and driving Rue Boo crazy... I think I have settled on a set up for him lol.

He has the big dog kennel which my loving man put some different levels into using doweling and plywood. So at the front it has the one little level then a ramp up to the top and his food and water are at the top. Now the only thing I hate about this is I need to get on my knees and reach back to get his dishes, but its doable until I convince my SO to tweak the top so I can open it to grab the dishes easier lol.

So in the back under the top level is his litter box and little log home he hides in once and awhile and his hay rack is on the bottom floor as well. Outside I have the pen around the cage and put small carpets within the pen. I use the half wall that divides my living and dining room as a wall so I can make the pen bigger. I had to pull his cage out from that wall though as there is carpet where there should be base boards and I have it blocked so he cant get between the cage and wall and then I have the old little pen stretched out across the rest so he can't chew.

Its odd that he rips apart our carpet if its not covered but he wont chew the carpets I have over the carpet lol. Either way it works. He has this 24/7 so he can run and stretch and flop all he wants.

He is losing his boy bits on Friday :( So I am thinking I am just going to section off part of his pen until he can move around. I can't put him in his cage as its to hard to take the different levels out. So I figure this is the next best option.

So opinions and ideas are welcome. If anyone can think of something to make it a bit better.

ruehome-1.jpg

It is super easy to clean. I love it. I just use the hose on my vacuum and it picks up all the poopies he leaves everywhere and suck out the dirty pellets in his litter box and every other day add a cup of pellets to top the litter box off. It takes me less then 5 minutes to clean. Which is crazy considering when I had him confined to the cage it took me 15 minutes or so. I am hoping its even better once he gets snipped :)

Must be nice...you can see how Binky's condo takes awhile to clean. I have to sweep all the hay and stuff from the upper levels down to the bottom then I have to vacuum up the bottom level. I wish I could have an open cage like Rue's but my cats would torment Binky lol.

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

Binky's set up is adorable!!! Rue Boo would have a blast in a cage like that. However he would eat the blankets I suspect *sigh* I have tried giving him blankets and towels and stuff and he eats them the second he touches them lol

Both cages look really nice

I actually lied... I decided I wanted my dining room back lol. Rue has moved into the living room with us so he can hang out and be more with the family

home.jpg

Both look great!

Beccajean yours is aLOT like Agnes's but decorated SO much cuter!

Looks awesome! :)
Nice he gets to hang out with you guys in the living room.

Beccajean, does your rabbit actually use that little house thing on the top level? I got one that has a ball on it and Buster only uses it to throw around / knock over. :p

Latest posts

Back