Rue and Kweli

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Special thank-you to Gypsy, who thinks Rue is a Netherland Dwarf/ mini rex mix.

I moved this Saturday into my new apartment!:bunnydance:

I now live alone, just me and my bunnies. (No more living with an in-law)

the move stressed both girls out. Kweli was back to her normal self,but Rue is still mad at me. she refused craisins from me but took somefrom my friend, and today, she peed on my bed! (little monster)

I have a 2 bedroom and both girls are in my bedroom. i am consideringmoving Kweli into her own room but i am worried she'll be lonely. thatmay change if i come home with a friend from the Elmira show.;)

Should i get a buddy for Kweli?

Congrats on the move!:)

I forget- are your girls spayed yet? It might help them getalong. I'm also for(more or less) forcing rabbitsto tolerate each other, as otherwise Mocha would be verylonely. She hates new rabbits but needs to be adored 24/7.

If you don't think you can make them be friends, you could take Kwelifor dates at local shelters. Find somebun she likes who isalready spayed/neutered. It's the easiest way togo. Just keep in mind that the new bun will need a separatecage while they are bonding.

good idea naturestee (the date thing).

both girls are unspayed, and probably will stay that way. Rue is maybe a little too old, and she is the agressive one.

They're both really pretty! One of my bunnies looks almost just like Kweli. :)

How old are they?

Hi Nicole, :wave:

I'm sorry I missed this adorable thread. Rue and Kweli are absolutelyprecious. Why don't you PM the link to this thread to Pamnock. She'llbe able to answer your question about Rue's breed.

As to getting Kweli a new friend, I'd wait until she's settled into your new apartment...Congratulations on the move! :colors:

You want them both to get used to one change before introducing them to another so that they don't stress out.

I'd do the same with changing the rooms for Kweli. Wouldn't do it atthis point being new to the home. I'd keep her with you and Rue for awhile, and even after she's used to the home, they generally like to bewhere the action is when their cage is concerned. Putting her in herown room without Rue with her might throw her off.

Just my thoughts. Take what you like and leave the rest.

:)

-Carolyn

Hey Carolyn, Thanks for you advice.Unfortunately i already got Sully, he is quaranteened in the spareroom. And no need to worry bout Kweli, she is quite settled and verymuch interested in why she cannot go in the spare room. ;)

Sul will stay in his own room till next week to finish the quaranteen,and also he was nuetered Sept. 30 and he needs to keep separate for 30days to make sure there is no sperm right?

Thanks again,

Nicole

Shuu, that's her "assuming the position". (preparing for the nose rubs) :)

Luvabun- o the bed is definately hers, and ever since we moved she hasbeen way more cuddley. (Rue and i have sunday morning special cuddleswhile we watch Coronation Street.)

just an update on my girlies:

Rue is her normal self, much happier sharing a room with me only. but when Sully and Kweli visit her room, (beware the grouch!)

Kweli i worry about a little, she is healthy but at 6 months old sheseems a little confused. She hasn't built another nest, however,continues to hump my slipper from time to time. she seems much calmer,but still spazzes out a little. it's almost like her hormones areconfusing her, and i don't know how to help her. i cannot afford to gether spayed till January or February, but i really think it may help her.

:)

Darn! :X I was looking for pictures.

Hi Nicky, :)

Trust your instincts about Kweli. It sounds like hormones and youth to me too.

Hang in there. Spaying usually does help curve the behaviors she'sgoing through, in addition to other things - i.e., territorialtendencies, moodiness, aggressiveness, they tend to live longer as theyare less prone to diseases.

As Buck Jones said: "Unbred, unspayed females invariably succumb touterine cancer after several years, so it is wise to have her spayed....Both sexes benefit from the reduction in hormonal activity thatgenerates a lot of territorial aggression and sexually induced behaviorlike spraying.

-Carolyn

P.S. As to the 'several years' that Buck referred to, the uterine cancer can show up anywhere from 3 years old and up.

Sorry Carolyn and Luvabun :embarrassed:

i'm alittle tight on dosh so i can't develope any pics right now.

Carolyn,becauseit's her hormones, i feel sohelpless, i wish i could do something for her in the meantime beforeher spay. I am scared about the surgery, but i have found a very goodvet, so the sooner the better i guess.

Back