Rude doe..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
So I have this senior Californian Doe. She is a little over a year old. She is handled frequently, she just never has been a very loving girl.

So I give her the daily treats, she pushes them in the corner, then dumps the bowl with her other treats, goes and sits in the corner and turns her head. I leave, go to the side of the barn, and look thru the window. From the time I leave to the time I get to the window it takes me no more than 3 seconds. In that time she has gotten up and is eating all her treats. I stand there for a full 2 minutes watching her eat. She pauses for a minute to chew, looks up, sees me, actually spits it out, runs and lays down in the corner and turns her head away.

Tell me this rabbit is not actually consciously making a decision to be an obstinate pain in the rear...

Zin

WELL! I would say you have done something to greatly offend this girl, you had better start kissing up fast! Seriously though, I think I would have had to totally crack up seeing that, what a brat. :biggrin2:

Think she might be holding out for something "better?"

Just tonight, Lexi gave Bo and Clover (and Tony but he hasn't touched it!) a half of a grape. Bo was SO offended that we put something that discusting in his bowl. Clover looked at Lexi like she was completely wack!

We walked out - went back - grapes still there.

Waited a few more minutes and went in - no grapes......

"I guess if I'm not getting something better, I'll eat this thing.......but I can't let them see me.... if it's gone, maybe they'll forget and give me something else!"

Bo - sounds familiar! Nibbles will do that with grape tomatoes if I don't cut them open for her, and especially if she thinks she can get a bit of banana by holding out.

typically, she'll act offended by the tomato - even semi-fearful - and then dart out and eat it when she thinks I'm not looking. Silly gilr!

She *loves* licking up the juice and pulp, though, so cutting the tomatoes in half is really more fun for us both - I get such a kick out of watching her enjoy her treats.

LOL Exactly, ec!

I love to hear them smacking on a banana! and crunching the cheerios!

I've noticed that Clover won't eat much "human" food tho. She'll eat greens and oats but she won't touch other cereals and things. She loves the banana too!

I think they are so cute when they get a goodie! We're terrible about that sort of thing! Which reminds me - I gotta take the horses a candy cane today!!! :D

Latest posts

Back