Ruby, what breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyHasPaws

Reaction score
she's longer than the mat I have for the dogs, she was out hopping around the patio
P1010880640x341_zps85e7972b.jpg

P1010878640x480_zps3134d7b8.jpg

She looks like she has Himalayan in her because of her body type - long and cylindrical. Himmie's have points, or markings, on their ears, nose, feet and tail, and they also have ruby/red eyes. Since yours doesn't, and appears to have blue eyes, she is evidently crossed with something else.
This is my Himalayan doe with black markings -

FPa.jpg

Can anyone else take a guess?

You don't like my answer ? :confused: I raised Himalayans and that's the only breed I know of that looks like a sausage, so to speak. The other half of her could be New Zealand or maybe a Florida White...I just don't know for sure if either can have blue eyes, but I know Himmie's don't.

You don't like my answer ? :confused: I raised Himalayans and that's the only breed I know of that looks like a sausage, so to speak. The other half of her could be New Zealand or maybe a Florida White...I just don't know for sure if either can have blue eyes, but I know Himmie's don't.

LOL it had nothing to do with that, I actually agreed about the Himi guess, I was looking for her other half :peace

Then I'm guessing Himi/NZ? I don't think there is a way to know for sure but that would be a reasonable guess. :)

No matter what breed, she is beautiful!

And honestly, it's almost impossible to know for sure. Chances are great it was a mixed parent bred to another mixed parent, so just about anything could be in there.

LOL it had nothing to do with that, I actually agreed about the Himi guess, I was looking for her other half :peace

Sorry! You didn't say anything about agreeing with me...I thought you didn't like my answer. Anyway, you might google on BEW rabbits and see what breeds come up. Like some said, I wouldn't be surprised if she had 3+ breeds in her. :thumbup

^i've googled my heart out on BEW rabbits. nothing is really helping. Ive read a lot about holland bews. but not much else comes up, i'm sure i need to change my google technique :D

Latest posts

Back