Rubber

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
one of my rabbits ate one of the big black bungecords i had around her food cages i am worried because she hasent beenfeeling that great latley. I dont know what i should do besides takeher up to the vet. Please help

Oh my:shock:, that could cause some GIproblems. The vet I think is definitely needed if she atethat much of it. I hope she passes it safely.Please keep us posted on how she and you are doing, what the vet saidto do, and any questions/problems you are having.

James

Don't mess with it. Rubber doesn't digest. Best to go to the vet.

-Carolyn

No, it is a thick strap of black rubber (aboutan inch by a quarter to half inch thick) with two metal hooks at eachend. Usually these are used to strap down tarps or stuff tocars and such, but it can also be used to keep tension on anything thatmay need it.

*edit* I should keep track of how often we do this. Wrong account, this is James.

As everyone else has said here rubber is not "bunny friendly" Iactually just today had some rubber backed mats in Bindys house that Ihad to remove after seeing her chewing on them and eating the rubber,out they came straight away, luckily we were watching her the wholetime she did this.

I hope all is ok with you and your bun.

The vet gave her some antibiotics and hopefully it should pass
i dont know since i have put her on antibiotes she has been looking a lot better.
I will keep u all posted.

I hope everything goes all well. Sending thoughts and prayers to your bun

:star:

Back