RRRRR!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali_1010

Reaction score
ok, so q-tine is sort-of over, I just need to set up the cube cage...SO, I decided to let them sniff each other through the cage bars and just see what would happen...I thought Diva might be nasty, but what happens? Pottsy charges at the cage! >=( Little booger face was really interested in her, following her up and down the cage, and then when Diva finally comes over to say hello (nicely, I might add) and he grunts and charges at her! So, she hops away and starts to rub her chin on a few books where she is. Then she comes back over and he does it again! So, I pick her up and put her back in her cage. Then I clean up a little pee mess she made, and since I wiped it up I put the paper towel in his cage so he gets used to her scent...is that ok? (also, just for the record, I wiped vinengar over the spot so she knows not to go there)

So ya....

I mean, I know he's not neutered yet but its still a bad sign. :(

My buns did that and they are now bonded. It may take a little longer but can still be done. My buns also did that when I let them out and they would still grunt and chase but never really bit. I do think one time one got the others hair but no skin. I used a water bottle on the aggresive bun when I did it with mine. I would give them a few seconds through the cage to calm down and if they were still grunting I would spray them. I was trying to show them their behavior was not ok. They didn't like being sprayed and would stop. Though I think it helped them stop at that second I don't think it stopped them from doing it again. I would just keep letting them see each other through the gate for awhile until it seems like they are less aggressive before you move to the next step. Bunny bites can be bad so before you bring them together without the gate I would make sure the grunting and lunging stopped when the gate is up.

Latest posts

Back