Round growth on my bunny's skin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pishibunny

Reaction score
Hello to all. I would like to ask your opinion about a matter that came up today and really causes me extreme stress and sadness. Today while i was petting my bunny i accidentally found a round skin colored growth between her front hand and her neck. It doesnt seem to bother her at all and i dont know from when she had it since it cannot be seen or be found easily. She is a long haired bunny. The growth looks like a wart. I have spoken with two different vets(unfortunately there are no vets specialized in bunnies in my country) and they told me two different opinions. The one told me that he doesnt believe is something malignant and that i need to check it regularly to see if it changes and if it does, then to speak again and choose whether or not to remove it. The other vet told me that since he cannot know what it is,it is needed to be removed asap. Now what really stress me is the fact that my bunny has a really sensitive stomach since she was a baby. Several times she suffered gi stasis and she cannot handle antibiotics at all. She is really precious for me she is a true family and i love her unconditionally. I am very much afraid that if i will take the chance to remove it, she will possibly have complications from the post operation therapy and die. Right now she is super happy and healthy and i cant stand the thought of losing her. I would really appreciate it if anyone of you have seen any similar growth and what is your opinion about it. Thank you in advance for your time and sorry for the long post. I am attaching you the photo of the growth.
20200420_165850.jpg

Hi, how old is she? It looks like papilloma to me it can be harmless or can be sign of other problems like cancer but I would go with the first vet as suggester just keep an eye on it and if it keeps growing or something you see wrong with it you should let them know and maybe they will remove and test it, it can also self-cure so there's no need to panic yet but you can learn a bit just to be prepared Papillomatosis | rabbits | Vetlexicon Lapis from Vetstream | Definitive Veterinary Intelligence

Latest posts

Back