*~*Rosiez Zoo*~*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww... too cute Rosie! What a little clown! Doncha just love the "straight-up-in-the-air" binkies? Thanks for posting the video's... he's certainly a most handsome boy! (Yeah, I hope he grows into his ears soon, one big wind and he'll give the Flying Nun a run for her money!)

:grumpy:I want my diva pictures.

BlueGiants wrote:
Awwww... too cute Rosie! What a little clown! Doncha just love the "straight-up-in-the-air" binkies? Thanks for posting the video's... he's certainly a most handsome boy! (Yeah, I hope he grows into his ears soon, one big wind and he'll give the Flying Nun a run for her money!)
I KNOW!! Tell me about it!! I just love how they flippity-flop around...hehe!!

And those straight-up-in-the-air binkies are AWESOME!! I love how amazingly bunnies express their glee...is there any more tangent way to see it??

Wonderful...I love my boy...

I'm already gonna have to extend upwards on his cage...as he's gotten quite squished in his litterbox area ALREADY! :shock:

I'm currently uploading pictures from a Fiver photoshoot!! :biggrin2:

I also did a small Maisie photoshoot...but all the pictures are before I trimmed her nails (I's got brave with my little black & white nailed cutie), so you'll have to excuse her nail length. I'm going to let her out in a few minutes again, as she refused to come back out earlier after her nail trim...and I'll see if I can get some after pictures! :D

Hugs!

Rosie*

Rosie, your bunnies are wonderful! They're all so special in their own way. I for one would love to hear more about Miss Sweet Pea! She is one purdy girl.

Also, I really like your cage design! I was going to make Trixie's old cage from her previous owner. That is the same Trixie, right? What a coincidence that both cages I love are ones she lives in! And the bunny I wanted to adopt looked like Trixie, too. BUNNYNAPPING TIME!

Anyway, back on topic. I might switch my cage design to how you make them! It seems like it would be easier to make the shelves like yours and cut the pegboard to fit them. I'd like to try to add another mini shelf above the "penthouse"- a shelf that goes along the 2 panel side, just like the other one. Bunnies would have two big levels and two little ones- nice! I guess it's time to re-write all those plans I made up!

Ya know...we've done so many cages now...I'm sure I could take some time to write out how we do them. :)

I could even take pictures as we do it! We were thinking of flying Harley home soon, so we'll take the time while building his cage to do a step by step instruction of it. :)

Anyway, glad you like our cages! They're REALLY sturdy, and the buns really love having all those levels. :)

Let me know if you'd like me to write out a step by step instruction now (in other words, sanz pictures), ok? :D

Ok...here are the pictures from Fiver's adventures tonight!

He was scared at first, so he laid in my lap for a bit while he got up the courage to run around...it was so cute!! :D

100_1864.jpg

100_1865.jpg

100_1866.jpg

And after a bit, he stretched out his leg and got all comfy, hehe!

100_1870.jpg

Then he finally got up the courage to get down and wander around...

100_1871.jpg

100_1872.jpg

100_1877.jpg

This is him bathing...he goes down REAL LOW when he's bathing his ears, hehe!

100_1878.jpg

100_1879.jpg

He kept getting distracted by Teeny and Maisie (their cages are right there...Maisie's on the right, Teeny's on the left)...

100_1880.jpg

100_1881.jpg

100_1882.jpg

100_1883.jpg

Extreme close-up!!

100_1884.jpg

Thought this one was PARTICULARLY cute...

100_1885.jpg

It's so funny...his right ear droops down so low, I can't see his eye! Hehe!

100_1886.jpg

Teeny, watching Brother run around

100_1887.jpg

Fiver checking out the fun cubes I had out for him to play in

100_1888.jpg

Hop!

100_1889.jpg

100_1890.jpg

100_1891.jpg

100_1892.jpg

100_1894.jpg

100_1895.jpg

100_1896.jpg

Fiver looks a little gwumpy here...hehe!

100_1897.jpg

100_1898.jpg

100_1899.jpg

More photos to come!

More pictures of my cutie Fiver boy!

100_1902.jpg

100_1903.jpg

100_1904.jpg

Bathing time!

100_1905.jpg

100_1906.jpg

100_1932.jpg

Still tryin' to get to the other bunnies...hehe!

100_1907.jpg

Cube & tunnel fun!

100_1908.jpg

"What the heck IS this thing??"

100_1909.jpg

100_1910.jpg

100_1911.jpg

100_1912.jpg

Hippity-hop, hippity-hop...

100_1915.jpg

Look at those little feet...:)

100_1916.jpg

100_1917.jpg

100_1918.jpg

Bunny in a Cube

100_1919.jpg

HOP!

100_1920.jpg

100_1921.jpg

100_1922.jpg

His eyes are so cute...they've got this shape to them that makes him always look sad. I assure you, though, Mr. Boofimus Maximus is VERY happy! :D

100_1923.jpg

Then he sat for a while, bathing, in this cube...

100_1924.jpg

100_1925.jpg

100_1928.jpg

100_1929.jpg

Makin' his way to jump over the tunnel. It was so cute...he didn't realize that it collapses with ANY weight on it, so he kinda gallumphed over it, hehe!

100_1933.jpg

100_1934.jpg

Then he jumped the fence, and ran behind Teeny's cage, in search of going back home. He had to go potty! When I got him back in his cage, he went STRAIGHT over to the litterbox and looked at me like, "Hey...you could've had this OUT for me..." It was so cute!

Anyway, when I get Maisie out in a bit, I'll take more pictures of her (than I did earlier) so ya'll can have before and after pics to compare! :)

I think Fiver likes to sit in your lap - cause he loves and trusts you, Rosie! I think it's so cute he wants to be with you first! Tony wants to play first - then get snuggle time!

He has the sweetest face - those ears are killer! :hearts:

Aww...thanks, guys!

Yeah, he's a huge sweetheart. :)

Thought I should mention here the post about Teeny's professional laying down spirit...

Lazy bones!!!

And, here are some wonderful little Maisie pics we got yesterday. I'm going to do another photoshoot probably tomorrow...please excuse the nails, as I trimmed them AFTER these shots. (She went into her cage and pouted so hard, she wouldn't come back out after! :()

So, here are sweet Maisie pics to enjoy!

First, some of my holding her the other night (not last night).

100_1777.jpg

100_1778.jpg

100_1779.jpg

100_1780.jpg

And now for her short adventure last night:

Where's the Maisie??

100_1824.jpg

100_1825.jpg

100_1826.jpg

There she is!!

100_1827.jpg

She kept coming to my hand, and then going back into her box...so this is what I saw the next second...

100_1828.jpg

100_1829.jpg

And then she finally came out! :D

100_1831.jpg

100_1832.jpg

The princess gettin' some love...

100_1834.jpg

100_1835.jpg

100_1836.jpg

Kinda grumpy that I took my hand away...

100_1837.jpg

100_1838.jpg

"Fine...I guess I'll PLAY...." *sigh*

100_1839.jpg

100_1840.jpg

100_1841.jpg

100_1842.jpg

100_1843.jpg

100_1844.jpg

"Huh??"

100_1845.jpg

Maisie nose!

100_1846.jpg

100_1847.jpg

"HEY! Get my GOOD side...and that would NOT be my butt!!"

100_1850.jpg

"Fine...I go back in tunnel..."

100_1851.jpg

100_1852.jpg

I love when she has those baby moments...

100_1855.jpg

She purty

100_1856.jpg

Rabbit ear antennas!!

100_1858.jpg

"Wha?"

100_1860.jpg

100_1861.jpg

Her cute little tail (which is growing back in nicely from her biting it from stress)

100_1863.jpg

I realized this evening that, though a lot of you have followed me through my journey in getting my beautiful herd, I've never put all their stories in one place.

You'll have to forgive me if I get any dates wrong. I'll be checking over the next day or so to be sure the dates are correct, though. :)

Our Story:

I think our story starts back in Nov of 03. Danny and I met on a website then called emode.com, and fell in love as quickly as we met. We moved in together, with (now) our beautiful daughter Emily (she was about two at the time), the following month (right around New Year's 04). Danny proposed to me the following March of 04.

The following month, our two kitties, Sunny and Hobbes were born...and we brought them home early the following June (as their mama didn't want to nurse them, and their mama's owner wanted to give them dry food...TOO YOUNG!). So, we brought them home, and made sure they got the proper diet for kitties so young (about one month of age).

It was clear right away that Sunny was the true troublemaker, and made suggestions to Hobbes to do this or that, and then walked away, leaving him to make too much noise and get in trouble. Hehe! We didn't catch it at first, but eventually stopped and waited at the first sound of trouble, and out came Sunny, trotting away from the scene of the crime...this deer-in-headlights look on her face! LOL!

They're both little imps in fur, as I like to call them...but we love them dearly, and they're so wonderfully unique as far as cats go. :)

We had our kitties for a couple years before we thought of bringing anyone else home. I mostly avoided adding anyone to the family because the kitties' bond was so beautiful, I didn't want to chance it changing with another kitty being added. But, around the end of January of 06, all that changed...with one look at Miss Maisie...

A little girl at Em's then-school had a litter from her two bunnies (I'm quite sure it was accidental, as she was quite the responsible girl), and was selling the litter for $20 each, proceeds going to the spaying of the mama bun. Danny and I came to pick Em up from school, and she came RUNNING over, HUGE eyed look on her face, saying, "MAMA! MAMA!! BUNNIES!! DOMINIQUE HAS BUNNIES FOR SALE!!!!"

Suddenly, the memories of all the years of wishing I could have a little bunny of my own came flooding back...and I realized I had to at least take a look at them. All the buns I'd known in the past were always rather bored-looking, not very active...outside in boring ol' hutches...and I'd always been told they bite...so I'd steered clear as an adult.

But, as I sat down, a little itty bitty gray bunny came running over, leaped into my lap, and gave me a look, as she put her front paws on my chest, and Dominique said, "Pick her up! She wants you to pick her up!" I had to have this little ten year old girl show me how...but once this little baby bun was in my arms, I was smitten...and BEGGED Danny for us to bring her home.

He said no at first, and boy am I glad he did! I came straight home, looked around for a bun site, and found Rabbits Online! I've been here ever since!

We researched like mad, asked a zillion questions, found out that buns are compatible with kitties, can be housed indoors, that their food, etc. wasn't as expensive as I thought, and that with proper care, she could live a nice life!

A few days later, and Miss Maisie came home! And I've been crazy over bunnies ever since!

Next came our sweet Flower girl...around May of 06. A neighbor of ours had her sitting outside in a tiny hamster cage, sitting on a tiny shelf to protect herself from the lake of urine and feces that was on the floor below...poor little baby was skin and bones. :(

So, I knocked on his door, asked him if he was giving the bun away, or what...and he said, "Why...ya want it?"...and that was it for me. I said a quick "yes", and thought to myself, "If Danny says no, we can always clean her up, rehabilitate her, and take her to a good no-kill shelter." In fact, I think for a couple weeks here on RO, I'd been talking about her, and was going back & forth on keeping her...but finally, she won me over. I honestly don't really think there was any denying it from the start...Flower had a forever place in my heart.

I worked really hard to be sure she got the care she needed, and she's really blossomed into a beautiful, amazing little girl. :D

Next came diva Trixie girl! She was TrixieRabbit's bun (here on RO)...and around I think it was October of 06, Denise (TrixieRabbit) found out she was pregnant and that her husband was allergic to Trixie's hay all at the same time. And thus, she had to make the difficult decision to rehome her sweet Trixie girl. She and I were already friends...and kept saying, "Gosh...I wish I could take her", and she was saying, "I wish I could rehome her with you..." There was only one problem: Denise lives in NEW YORK! We didn't think it possible to get her Trixie here!

One day, I decided to just bite the bullet, and check it out, and we found out that not only did it not cost that much to fly her here, but it was easy, and would actually be easier on Trixie than trying to drive her here!

So, we scheduled it, and on 28 Jan 07, our little Trixie got her wings! She's such a wonderful addition to our house, too. She's got so much spunkitude, and is our biggest girl, and only true 100% lop! :) I just love her to bits!

Then came the lionhead babies. In getting Trixie home, TinysMom (Peg) and I became acquainted, and around I think March of 07, I went venturing over to her site to check out her buns, and whatever litters she had available (never know, right?). While checking it out, I found this cute little broken tort boy that I just LOVED!! So, I inquired about him, and she said that she'd actually found a home for that little one...but would I like to look at pictures of some other broken torts she had? I said, "Sure!" And found my sweet Drew. Shortly after, I also fell in love with her brothers Dusty and Bun Bun...and we had a plan to fly them over later on that year.

Well, plans kept changing...due to the fact that we wanted to wait and fly them home once we'd moved...and it turned out to be a good thing, as our little Drew baby passed away from what we think was congestive heart failure on 21 Oct 07, and Bun Bun passed away we think from the same thing on 16 Dec 07. As I write this, I'm still heartbroken about losing them both...and the fact that, because of them both passing from the same thing, Peg and I thought it best not to fly our Dusty home. We thought it would be too much a risk of his life.

*moment of silence and tears for them both*

Onto happier subjects!

Shortly after Drew passed, we decided to ask Peg if she had any bucks that she'd had for a while, and had been unable to find homes for, etc...so she emailed me some pictures of the bucks that met that description. And who would meet my eyes, but a GORGEOUS harlequin buck with one ear that had been chewed on a bit by one of his siblings. I fell head over heels!! So, Mr. Harley Quinn, as we've (Peg and I) named him, was added to the Maher Family herd! :D

We have yet to be able to fly him home...but have high hopes that it will be soon, as I would LOVE to give him his favorite ear rubs, and hear him thump while expecting dinner and pets! :D

More to come in the story of the Maher Family Herd!

Thank you. Now I am happy.

Latest posts

Back