Roofed litter tray?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneySereanaBunny

Bunny Lover
Reaction score
My bunny lives outside, and her run joins on to her hutch so she has unlimited access to it. she used to be litter trained but a year ago she and her sister have been pooping in the run ever since, but her sister got caught by a fox about month ago :(. the pooping in the run is quite annoying for me as i have to sweep it all out and this is quite hard, and i am also worried about her getting a bit ill, as she has to go out to go to toilet even if it is raining. she still has a clean litterbox in the place she used to use it and it still has straw in it, it is the same tray aswell. she is spayed and i have had her and her sister since they were about 8 weeks and she is about four and a half now, she wasent litter trained when i got her.
i was thinking that i could get one of those cat litter trays with the roofs and the doors and put it outside so there is a littertray that wont get filled up with rain and she can be dry on the toilet! but im worried how she will react to it and if she will even use it once.
what should i do?

I have tried putting some of her poops in her litter tray but it dosent help. I have also tried blocking off the run but the door we used to use is broken and any thing i put to block the gap she just knocks down :(

Feed her in the litterbox, put her hay and bowl of pellets in the box. Bunnies like to poop and eat at the same time, so it will help her develop good habits. Collect any urine of hers on a tissue and toss that in the box as well, so it will smell like her toilet. Also collect her "bumbles" and place them in the box. Disinfect any accidents thoroughly so she can't smell where she last had an accident. Patience is key here, your persistence will pay off!

Latest posts

Back