Ronin was Nuetered Today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ender

Reaction score
Today we brought Ronin to the vet. I had never taken him before, so he had a quick check up to make sure he was healthy and then we left so he could be taken in for surgery. At one o'clock we called and they said he had pooped and he was ready to go home, all was well. He was sleepy on the car ride home but ate some lettuce and rested. I made him a bed in his xpen with plenty of padding and now he is laying down there. He is also drinking and eating lettuce, and he hopped around a bit when he got home. We got pain meds to give him tonight and tomorrow. The vet was very helpful and trustworthy. Is there anything I should be doing to make him more comfortable? The vet said to keep him confined for a week so everything heals and to check the site every day.

If everything goes well, you may find that only 3-4 days is enough confinement, but play it by ear. And I guess it depends what confinement means. I thought it meant something smaller than an xpen for the first day or 2. I'm glad things went well & you had a good rapport with the vet.

The vet said to keep him from hopping up on anything or being really active. For now he's still quite sleepy so he is doing fine relaxing in his pen.

Ronin has, as far as I know, only had one dropping since he has been home. He has eaten some pellets and lettuce, and the vet said he had some there. Is this okay?

I just got Bunny neutered this week too. He was very sluggish for the first 2 days afterwards and all he wanted to do was lay down and snuggle (he was super cuddly which was kinda fun :D) His individual poops were small until he got his normal appetite back. Just make sure he eats and drinks!

Check out this website I found while researching Pre and Post-Op care.

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/opcare.html

Hope your buns gets back to his normal self soon!

He is a lot more active now, not his normal energy level but he isn't so sleepy. He had more poops and has been slowly eating his pellets. I think he's doing ok!

This morning Ronin is back to his normal self. His poops are a little smaller, but I read somewhere that this is common after surgery. He is eating now and seems to be very hungery. Should I wait the full week to let him out of the xpen? Also, about how long does it usually take for hormone levels to drop? Thanks!

We just had Elliot neutered Thursday, and have been experiencing some of the same things. I was told about 30 days for the hormones to work out of their system. Good luck and a speedy recovery to Ronin!:innocent

Latest posts

Back