Roger possible epileptic fit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul2641

Reaction score
People I had Roger out grooming him today and I let him down to run around, but when I picked him up again he started shaking, I think he had an epileptic fit, What are the chances, he is a lionhead. I will admit Suki was out also and I took him up the second time because he was sniffing her, I had my eyes on suki the whole time roger didn't get near the rear end. Better to be honest. And I'm not trying to get Suki pregnant again. I will explain why I had all my rabbits out in another thread, I need advice on that aswell.

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Just want to add that buns that are not used to being handledcan freak out. Just something tobe cautionary of. (That could have been the problem.)
I remember posting a thread called "rabbit shaking" or something like it shortly after i had got Raylann (my rescue rabbit) She hadn't been handled by her previous owner and I remember her shaking a lot the first few days whenI had her inside and was having her on my lap. That behaviour has long stopped since she is handled regularly.

When I pick up Toby or Emma, their feet shake like no other! You would think that they are having seizures! Emma's are much more noticeable than Toby's, but they still look like they are shaking pretty bad. Neither of my buns are epileptic.

My buns do it some times, but others, not at all. Emma hates being picked up and freaks when you do. I've been gouged and bled because of this. Toby just shakes his extremities. They almost look like they vibrate.

You said his eyes did not roll? A lot of seizures have eye-rolling.

What parts of him were seizing? Just the extremities? His whole body?

What were the movements like? Spasms? Vibrations? Kicking/lunging?

I probably won't answer until later tonight - I have to go back to college! ;)

My guys' back feet tremble when they are picked up and they are handled properly as well. I hope it's nothing to worry about!

kherrmann3 wrote:
My buns do it some times, but others, not at all. Emma hates being picked up and freaks when you do. I've been gouged and bled because of this. Toby just shakes his extremities. They almost look like they vibrate.

You said his eyes did not roll? A lot of seizures have eye-rolling.

What parts of him were seizing? Just the extremities? His whole body?

What were the movements like? Spasms? Vibrations? Kicking/lunging?

I probably won't answer until later tonight - I have to go back to college! ;)
More like spasms.

Latest posts

Back