Road Trip

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jil101ca

Reaction score
My cousin is getting married the end of June somy Mom has decided she would like to go. She wants to drive to Reginafrom North Bay. We are allowing 5 days to get there and 5 days back, 4days to visit. Mom is 71 and has never been on a road trip. She hasalways wanted to drive across Canada so figured this would be closeenough. We plan on fishing our way out there. All I have to do isdrive, she is paying for everything. She could fly but doesn't want to.She feels that this may be her last chance to do this because some dayshe might get sick with something.She does not take any medicine foranything. I'm kind of excited, I haven't been on a road trip since Ihad children 16 years ago and I have had itchy feet all that time. Thiswill be great.

I did the drive from Toronto to Regina about 3 years ago.

I loved it and we did it in2 days... I think it was like 30 hours total...

The drive through Nothern Ontario is gorgeous! But after 10hours of Trees, Rocks and Lakes... it gets kinda boring. Ifound the hardest was driving through Northern Ontario at night...after about 2 hours, we stopped because the roads are so twistie andall the trucks - too hard to do in the night.

And I LOVE the prairies. I've lived in Toronto most of mylife, and the prairies are just a total opposite feeling. Youreally can see your dog run away for days. ;) Icouldn't believe that I could see the horizon, completely unobstructedin EVERY direction. You can't even imaginethefeeling if you don't experience it. I know that must soundcrazy to all your folks who live in the prairies, but really - it'sfantastic. And the clouds are HUGE when there is no tallbuilding frame of reference.

Anyway - that's going to bea GREAT trip!!! Take lots and lots of pictures!!!

Nadia

Nice!! It sounds like you and your momwill have a wonderful time! I would LOVE to take a road tripas a family (my husband, daughter, and I). :D

Take plenty of pictures!

I've driven out to BC several times before thekids came along and each trip was amazing. Something everybody shoulddo at least once in their life.

Latest posts

Back