RO Bunny Calendars?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
Well, I saw Slavetoabunny's post about her calendars, and it brought up something I was thinking about a few months ago. Wouldn't it be nice to have RO forum bunny calendars, to raise money for rescues?

I looked into it and I really like the idea. We could use the winning photographs from some of the Photophile contests for the appropriate months, and then do a mega competition to fill in the other months.

I looked into the cost and found some good sites that do printing and binding of the calendars. They are quite well priced, the only problem is buying in bulk. The best site I found does A4 calendars for around £6 each, and we could easily make a profit from that, its just the buying in the first place. I would love to do it but I'm not sure I could scrape together £200 to buy them all in the first place, seeing as my paycheque is only £170 a month anyway, LOL.

I thought about maybe making them. My friend works on a photo counter and could get discounts on printing of the actual photos, and I've found sites online that offer templates of the actual 'calendar' part that I could print at home. The only thing is working out how to bind the calendar part to the picture part.

I don't know if this has been discussed before or not. I'd definitely buy one, and I think others would too.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

I havent seen Patti's post yet about calendars, but she used to print calendars for our other board LL, so Im guessing should would be willing to print off what we need for RO and then just take out what she needs for cost and give the rest to raise for shelters.

I wonder how she did it. There is lots of software available free, its just trying towork out how to bind it together.

Do you like the idea? Would you buy one? I think it would be so cool. We could use the photos from the photo phile comps such as the Valentine pics for Feb etc,and then do a big competition for people to come up with photos for the other months that don't have a photo phile done for them. I want to do a bunny calendar for myself anyway.

I just looked up binding methods, they have a coil binder on Amazon for £10. I'm not saying it would be brilliant, but it probably works pretty well. I could buy it (it would be useful for school work and my Mums business too) and then I would only have to cost in the amount of the plastic coils with the calendar price.

Other than that I could only think of ribbon, or attractive string. I would have to punch the holes into the paper myself and sew the ribbon in. I don't know which would be easier.

I'm just interested if anyone else would buy one. I know I would, and a local rescue might buy a few to sell (but probably only if it were for their own rescue). The only other bunny person I know is my Manager at work.

I had the binding done at Office Depot. The calendars I did were spiral bound.

How much did it cost? I've been looking online and spiral binders are up to like 10 times the price of comb binders. I could probably find a printer somewhere around but I'm wondering how much it would cost per calendar.

I really want to do this!

Thats really good. I just need to find out if anyone on here would buy one, or if they would be willing to take photographs for the missing months.

I'll find out if any of the staff/VIPs would buy in this forum first, then I'll ask in th main forum. Is it possible to add a poll to this topic asking if they would buy or not? Migt just be easier than stating a new post.

Do you mean auction of the actual calendars? Or the missing photos for the months? I'm a bit confused...

Oh I see! That would be good, the only thing is that some of the younger members might not be able to afford it, and so not everyone would get a chance. With a photo competition where people vote anyone with a camera can enter and the best photos are chosen by everyone.

We could maybe make some 'extra special' premium calendars to auction off to members?

Latest posts

Back